Active Topics

Notices

hi guys, can you help? Sygic works brillantly but if i have my phone connected via bluetooth to my car, the phone counts the car as a headset and then sends the audio from Sygic to my car, this wouldnt be a problem but my car wont play music or sound through my phone only phone calls, any ideas? thanks

this is a typical problem with many phones (also my previous phone the E90)
The problem is that you should be able to specify per program where the sound should go to.

For example if you have a bluetooth headset then only the phone should go over there, but navigation should just go over the internal speakers.
But this completely depends on you configuration, because i my situation i have a bluethooth handsfree carkit (not build in) and for me it is nice that it goes over bluetooth.

so no current fix then?

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
I'd like a fix for this as well.. I don't really need Sygic's voice blaring at me over the car's speakers. It's even more annoying when I'm on a phone call and the voice instructions come through and completely blow away the conversation

The N900's speakers are more than loud enough for Sygic IMO, but currently the only way I can find to keep its audio there is to turn bluetooth off on the phone so it doesn't connect to my car's hands-free. Obviously not the best solution...

Anyone have any ideas?

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
this has my vote too.it would be nice to have an option to choose where to channel the audio to.

This needs a fix guys please!

From reading around, and the following bug report, I think if your car stereo has the AD2P bluetooth (which mine does not) then it should route all N900 audio through bluetooth.

What I want is for N900 sound to route through the phone and only calls route through the BT

I forgot to post that it may be possible to use the FM transmitter to route all audio apart from phone calls which get picked up by the BT.

That is still not an ideal solution as it means I'm unable to listen to the radio or CDs.