Notices

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Yes it blinks - I mentioned that bug in my post for the monitor mode clock. I can't reproduce it on command either, it just sometimes does. I suspect the python interpreter occasionally ends up messing up and reading the /proc/stat file too close together, or something else like that... I really don't know. The current solution is lock screen with the lock slider and unlock it again. If it's locked long enough for the Adv. Clock's code to realize "I don't need to keep updating myself anymore because I'm invisible" (under a split second, realistically) it'll reset it to working normally.

Nice on the cpu-only clock style. Let me know if you'll want help packaging it for the repos; if you do, I'll be happy to help when I myself figure it out.

Everyone for whom the Adv. Clock Plugin isn't working: I should have free time vaguelly soon to try to help you guys - in the meantime, make sure you don't have advanced-clock-plugin-settings-ui installed
Code:
apt-get purge advanced-clock-plugin-settings-ui
- then reinstall advanced-clock-plugin.

Preferably, first uninstall completely with
Code:
apt-get purge advanced-clock-plugin
, then install again. Preferably with apt-get instead of an app manager. I'm not sure what the cause of your problem is yet, but the output one of you posted a while ago when trying to add one of my clocks was interesting, and hey, if a simple purge-uninstall/reinstallm makes it work for at least some people, that's progress.(apt-get has to be ran as root btw.)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by rantom View Post
#6835 Hour of next alarm is replaced with the current one
#6836 AM/PM is replaced with ip if system's own 24 hour clock is disabled
I installed the newest version from -Devel (0.15.3) and it fixed both of these. I'm still leaving the bugs open, in case that the unexpected behavior would happen again.

Lock-screen though still shows the "ip" if the systems own 24 hour clock is disabled. If it's enabled then the 12-hour format refuses to work and 24-hour is shown instead.

Last edited by rantom; 2011-03-29 at 16:45. Reason: Nearly done.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 122 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
have someone made a fullyworking flip clock yet?

Originally Posted by infected69 View Post
have someone made a fullyworking flip clock yet?
My flip clock works, but has a drawing bug that causes it to overdraw itself; I am working on a patch to fix this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skykooler For This Useful Post:
Posts: 43 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ New Zealand
Can anyone help me, Been struggling with the source code. I just don't want seconds with "DateTimeClock".
Thing Is , I want It to show the full date but when I disable "Show seconds" the dates "Year" disappears.

Thanks In advance

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ New York, New York
does anybody know how to put the time and date in the middle of the desktop?

Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
Originally Posted by XxPAPixSMURFxX View Post
does anybody know how to put the time and date in the middle of the desktop?
Yes, it's not this app.

The easiest way is to use 'digiclock widget', it does time and year, and you can fix it to rotate or be portrait only or landscape only.
The more difficult way is QBW, if you want it to be more configurable

The Following User Says Thank You to richwhite For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Krakow, Poland
Hi!

First of all, thanks for your plugin. I really like it. I have a question, though -- I would like to customise the time a bit, and hopefully you could help. This is going to be a bit tricky, because it is a strange time format, used by the Polish Railways; it looks like this: "HH:MM T", whereas the "T" is in superscript and means "a tenth of the minute", so, for example "12:36:41" is "12:36^7" and "12:36:42" is "12:36^8". Do you think such a modification is possible?

Thanks in advance,
Uchman

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Uchman, I'm looking into this now (I'm in a good mood because I just verified that usb0 interface shows up on my Monitor Clock clock style just fine... The code looked right but I could never test it, and no one else on this thread ever did).

I'm not sure how to display text superscripted, but I presume you can just print smaller text and lift up its y coordinate so that it lines up with the bigger text like superscript would.

Give me a day or so, and if I haven't posted a clockstyle for you by then, remind me either on here or by PM.

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Krakow, Poland
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
Uchman, I'm looking into this now (I'm in a good mood because I just verified that usb0 interface shows up on my Monitor Clock clock style just fine... The code looked right but I could never test it, and no one else on this thread ever did).

I'm not sure how to display text superscripted, but I presume you can just print smaller text and lift up its y coordinate so that it lines up with the bigger text like superscript would.

Give me a day or so, and if I haven't posted a clockstyle for you by then, remind me either on here or by PM.
Hi, Traceur!

Happy you are progressing with your work, and double that since you want to help me. A slightly smaller font for the superscript is a good solution, it should read well.

Thanks again, and waiting for your response.