Notices

Originally Posted by nicolai View Post
Has someone actually tried this, I mean
manually stop tracker
start recording
and compare results?

nicolai
I just tried repeating this experiment twice. In both experiments there were skipped frames every now and then when the tracker daemon was running. When the daemon was paused, I did not see any skipped frames. It really seemed to help pausing the daemon while recording.

Does anyone know of any possible negative side effects of pausing the tracker daemon?

btw, I allow the cpu to go to 950 MHz.

Last edited by generationally; 2011-04-18 at 16:47.

Posts: 551 | Thanked: 507 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North West England
OK, I have created the missing icons for the new UI - these are for ISO800, ISO1600, ISO AUTO and AWB (Auto white balance). I have included 32x32, 48x48 and reverse 48x48 icons as per the Maemo icon design guide.

Hope these are of use.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ui2-icons.zip (13.6 KB, 89 views)

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to JohnLF For This Useful Post:
wow, thanks for this icons

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Holland
Icons . . . if you like them I will create the other formats.
Attached Files
File Type: zip icons.zip (6.4 KB, 86 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to Carlito For This Useful Post:
@Carlito when I have to put your icons? Have I to rename them?

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
manually stop tracker
start recording
and compare results?

nicolai
Some time ago I tried all sorts of things to get rid of the skipped frames, including (as far as I can remember) stopping tracker. I also tried formatting the SDcard to ext2/3/4, and having as little running as possible.
No consistenly good results, though having many things running does make things worse.
As I read on an earlier thread about video recording, the frame-skipping seems to occur when the bitrate reaches 4000kb/s or so. The most data-intensive bit is when the image goes from light to dark an vice versa.

Maybe encoding as H263 would help, at the expense of larger filesizes, but I doubt that is even possible without new drivers.
(sorry for going on a bit, but it bugs me that the N900 can do so much, but not record smooth video)

The Following User Says Thank You to maartenmk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by JohnLF View Post
OK, I have created the missing icons for the new UI - these are for ISO800, ISO1600, ISO AUTO and AWB (Auto white balance). I have included 32x32, 48x48 and reverse 48x48 icons as per the Maemo icon design guide.

Hope these are of use.
in which folder I have to put them?

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by iscio View Post
@Carlito when I have to put your icons? Have I to rename them?
They're for the developers of the app. They've to include them if they like them. If they like them I can also create icons to control the shutter etc.

@Nicolai and MAG:

Interested in the icons? Tell me which sizes do you need and for which functions?

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
manually stop tracker
start recording
and compare results?

nicolai
I have, in a thread about camera quality. IIRC, I also had video on the matter, but because it was technically reproducing TV programming, I had to take it down.

If you are wondering if it does something, yes, it does. Framerate is up, stuttering is virtually gone and that gap right after you press record is gone.

I'm mobile right now, but if I find the thread again I'll link. Wait, i *think* this is it :http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...=camera&page=2

Bit of a long read.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

The Following User Says Thank You to ndi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 182 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by ndi View Post
[...]

I'm mobile right now, but if I find the thread again I'll link. Wait, i *think* this is it :http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...=camera&page=2

Bit of a long read.
Right, it was you that wrote the information I was referring to, in that thread (page 8).
Nicolai, seeing what NDI obviously knows about it, I can only assume it is true what he says, even if I remember differently. Maybe I did not reboot after switching off the tracker...

Tags
camera-ui, fremantle