Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 417 | Thanked: 200 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by NightShift79 View Post
this is very great so far. so smooth transitions. simply awesome.
as it is great at it's state I still got a wish list.

- post video to facebook (embedded)
- clear search button/option
- different color presets or custom colors
- the p0rn plugin
- copy link to clipboard
- multilanguage
( are .po files possible? At the moment I translated the labels inside the .qml files.. but much work if you update that often

Pro features would be:

- own player
- download and send video via bluetooth or email
- convert video to audio
- Desktop Widget

Anyway it's almost perfect at this state!

Thx again for it!
I just noticed, that almost everything from my wishlist got implemented
Thank you... just one more time....

Anyway, 2 questions:

...that text, is it somewhere in the sourcecode or is it seperate code?

Could Layout changes been done easily?
Cos I would move things around a bit to get it more intuitiv.
I can provide photoshopped previews if you would like to see it.
...still looking forward to see this outstanding app you made, themeable

Much Love and respect!

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by natedog400 View Post
I flashed my phone for a clean start the other day n installed qml 0.4.2 but my last search still ain't saving? I prefer relavance but everytime i start a new search it goes back to date again?
It could be a permissions issue in the folder where the database is saved. Have you noticed whether any other settings can be saved? A reflash won't affect this (unless you flash the eMMC), because flashing doesn't wipe anything in your /home folder.

My website

GitHub

Originally Posted by NightShift79 View Post
I just noticed, that almost everything from my wishlist got implemented
Thank you... just one more time....

Anyway, 2 questions:

...that text, is it somewhere in the sourcecode or is it seperate code?

Could Layout changes been done easily?
Cos I would move things around a bit to get it more intuitiv.
I can provide photoshopped previews if you would like to see it.
...still looking forward to see this outstanding app you made, themeable

Much Love and respect!
The facebook tagline is currently implemented in the facebook application settings, so it can't be changed within the application. However, I just discovered that there is an 'attribution' string that can be added to identify the application, so I will add that to the parameters when making the post request.

You can change the text/border colours and font sizes by changing the the appropriate variables in the main.qml file. I suppose I could add settings for these. Layout changes are fairly easy to make, but you will lose any changes upon updating, and I don't really have time to support users that mess with the source code.

I'm always willing to consider proposed changes to the UI (I know not everything is perfect), so feel free to post examples or make suggestions.

The desktop widget is something I would like, along with the QML video player. If it can be done, and done well, then I will do it.

My website

GitHub

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ United Kingdom
Hello all,

Can anyone advise on my post #449? I am now using cuteTube-QML (0.4.2)

Also I noticed that when viewing the details of any YouTube video, no action is taken when the 'Comments' or 'Related' tabs are selected. Is this only happening to me?

I have performed a completely fresh install of the cuteTube-QML application.

Thanks

Originally Posted by k-wise View Post
Hello all,

Also I noticed that when viewing the details of any YouTube video, no action is taken when the 'Comments' or 'Related' tabs are selected. Is this only happening to me?

Thanks
I haven't updated the xtube plugin yet. That will be done soon.

I had to remove the ability to click on the tabs, as it results in some weird behaviour (overlapping items). This was the result of disabling OpenGL acceleration, which I had to do in order to get decent performance in portrait mode. At some point, I will take another look and try to find a workaround. You can switch between info, comments, and related videos by swiping.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 56 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Bangalore, India
Instead of clicking, you have to swipe your finger...

Originally Posted by k-wise View Post
Hello all,

Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to shrijith1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 417 | Thanked: 200 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
The facebook tagline is currently implemented in the facebook application settings, so it can't be changed within the application. However, I just discovered that there is an 'attribution' string that can be added to identify the application, so I will add that to the parameters when making the post request.

You can change the text/border colours and font sizes by changing the the appropriate variables in the main.qml file. I suppose I could add settings for these. Layout changes are fairly easy to make, but you will lose any changes upon updating, and I don't really have time to support users that mess with the source code.

I'm always willing to consider proposed changes to the UI (I know not everything is perfect), so feel free to post examples or make suggestions.

The desktop widget is something I would like, along with the QML video player. If it can be done, and done well, then I will do it.
properly the sweetest words I read today

*thumbs up*

//EDIT:
Translation through option menu works now!
Thanks for that!

Last edited by NightShift79; 2011-04-20 at 16:18.

The Following User Says Thank You to NightShift79 For This Useful Post:
It could be a permissions issue in the folder where the database is saved. Have you noticed whether any other settings can be saved? A reflash won't affect this (unless you flash the eMMC), because flashing doesn't wipe anything in your /home folder.
Everything else seems to save fine, my previous searches are all there its just the "order by" bit that doesn't? Before i flashed it was doing exactly the same thing so its nothin i've done. I only flashed for a fresh start not because of cutetube. I remember you implemented the save thing in a previous version which worked for me but the following version and since then didn't? No big deal unless others experiencing this too

one word: awesome. So smooth and easy to use. If you could write grooveshark and maemo original mediaplayer like cutetube it would be maybe too awesome xd

Posts: 597 | Thanked: 490 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Have you ever deleted the database?
No.
If you haven't deleted the database, you could try checking the download location directory in the settings.
Its the default location (.cutetube-folder)

Maybe this happened because I started cutetube while connected to PC via USB in mass storage mode, making the .cutetube-folder seem empty cause of being inaccessable?
No clue, have no other explanation as I was not really using cutetube the last days...
Will just delete the previously downloaded files manually and download them again ;-)

Tags
cutetube, marxian = god, marxian legend, son of a gun, son of douche, son of fail, son of god, youtube