Active Topics

Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by lolloo View Post
what about QCPUFreqapp ,when i run it CPU temp shows me 346C ! hehe

any fix for this.....
Fix: contact QCPUFreqapp developer Previously, kernel reported temperature different way, now it reports units in 0.1C (which, by the way, is proper behaviour, old way was not proper and non-standard), so if you want to know your CPU temperature, you have to divide it by 10, so 346C shown / 10 = in fact 34.6C

Edit: If you know how to compile software yourself, you can download source of version 0.4.1-1 and in file "mainwindow.cpp" change line 204 from:
return QString( readSysFile( "class/power_supply/bq27200-0/temp" ) + " " + QString::fromUtf8("\302\260") + "C" );
to
return QString( readSysFile( "class/power_supply/bq27200-0/temp" ).left(QString(readSysFile("class/power_supply/bq27200-0/temp")).length()-1) + "." + QString( readSysFile( "class/power_supply/bq27200-0/temp" ) ).right(1) + " " + QString::fromUtf8("\302\260") + "C" );
(You can also compile newer version, just find function "MainWindow::getCPUTemp()" and change the same fragment, it can be in different line)
It's an ugly hack (just reads temperature characters without last one, puts dot and reads last character), but it works. Don't contact developer with this, because from what i can tell looking at the sources, it already is hard to be maintaned (in almost every function there are different flows for power kernel and normal kernel). Once pali will become maintainer of power-kernel package, he (or we all) will contact QCPUFreqapp dev and other devs of software reading temperature and inform them about needed changes :P

Last edited by misiak; 2011-04-21 at 14:19.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
i've freed up some space but still get errors :

Code:
/home/user/MyDocs/kernel # dpkg -i *.deb
(Reading database ... 70350 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace kernel-power-bootimg 2.6.28-pali1 (using kernel-power-bootimg_2.6.28-pali1_armel.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement kernel-power-bootimg ...
Selecting previously deselected package kernel-power-flasher.
dpkg: regarding kernel-power-flasher_2.6.28-pali1_armel.deb containing kernel-power-flasher, pre-dependency problem:
 kernel-power-flasher pre-depends on kernel-power-modules (= 2.6.28-pali1)
  kernel-power-modules is not installed but configs remain.
dpkg: error processing kernel-power-flasher_2.6.28-pali1_armel.deb (--install):
 pre-dependency problem - not installing kernel-power-flasher
Preparing to replace kernel-power-headers 2.6.28-pali1 (using kernel-power-headers_2.6.28-pali1_armel.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement kernel-power-headers ...
Selecting previously deselected package kernel-power-modules.
Unpacking kernel-power-modules (from kernel-power-modules_2.6.28-pali1_armel.deb) ...
Preparing to replace kernel-power 2.6.28-pali1 (using kernel-power_2.6.28-pali1_armel.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement kernel-power ...
Unpacking linux-kernel-power-headers (from linux-kernel-power-headers_2.6.28-pali1_armel.deb) ...
Setting up kernel-power-bootimg (2.6.28-pali1) ...
Setting up kernel-power-headers (2.6.28-pali1) ...
Setting up kernel-power-modules (2.6.28-pali1) ...
Adding `local diversion of /usr/bin/JoikuSpot_Bouncer.ko to /lib/modules/2.6.28-omap1/JoikuSpot_Bouncer.ko'
Setting up kernel-power (2.6.28-pali1) ...
Setting up linux-kernel-power-headers (2.6.28-pali1) ...
Errors were encountered while processing:
 kernel-power-flasher_2.6.28-pali1_armel.deb
/home/user/MyDocs/kernel #

@Agogdata
don't dpkg -i *.deb kernel power(Ever)
do this steps 1 by 1
dpkg -i kernel-power_*
dpkg -i kernel-power-mod*
dpkg -i kernel-power-fla*
dpkg -i kernel-power-set*

Do not install kernel-power-bootimg unless you are using nitdroid
Do not install kernel-power-headers unless you plan on compiling your own kernel

So do this first...
apt-get remove kernel-power* before doing the steps above to free up the messed up install files

Sorry I'm not really good at tutorials

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Radicalz38 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by misiak View Post
You had permissions and file ownership problem? Strange, really strange...

Someone (maybe even pali, but I'm not sure and don't want to put words into his mouth) wrote that moving to kernel 2.6.37 will not be possible in Maemo 5, as some closed-source binaries rely on kernel interfaces present in 2.6.28 and deprecated or not available in 2.6.37

Also, pali! I want to try few things by myself, so: how to compile your kernel please step-by-step instruction (can be not noob-friendly, just steps)? ^ ^ Would it work when I: 1. download kernel-power 46 sources, 2. go to http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pali/ , get kernel-power_2.6.28-pali1_source.diff.tar.gz, 3. apply diff, 4. compile kernel 5. compile modules? :P
check out this post http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=71069, it may help

The Following User Says Thank You to cheve For This Useful Post:
Could anybody please give me some instructions on how to install this properly and the multiboot stuff as well as the possibility of using it with uboot for MeeGo?

I will take the instructions, noobify them a bit and create a wiki page to make things a bit easier and also reduce the clutter on your thread

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

The Following User Says Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
Confirmed: kernel renamed to /boot/zImage-2.6.28.10pali1
/etc/multiboot.d/01-Maemo-kernel-power46.item contents:
Ok, I rename zImage name in -bootimg package and I add multiboot item file to -bootimg package.

Someone (maybe even pali, but I'm not sure and don't want to put words into his mouth) wrote that moving to kernel 2.6.37 will not be possible in Maemo 5, as some closed-source binaries rely on kernel interfaces present in 2.6.28 and deprecated or not available in 2.6.37
If I have time, I will look at meego kernel for n900. Maybe something will be possible.

Also, pali! I want to try few things by myself, so: how to compile your kernel please step-by-step instruction (can be not noob-friendly, just steps)? ^ ^ Would it work when I: 1. download kernel-power 46 sources, 2. go to http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pali/ , get kernel-power_2.6.28-pali1_source.diff.tar.gz, 3. apply diff, 4. compile kernel 5. compile modules? :P
1. Download source of kernel 2.6.28 (from kernel.org, or .org.tar.gz of power-kernel v64), it is not on my server
2. Unpack _source.diff.tar.gz to kernel directory (or use debian tree from my git repo)

3.a Compilation under scratchbox:
1. Run in scratchbox enviromental in kernel tree:
$ dpkg-buildpackage -b -rfakeroot

3.b Compilation using madde:
1. In kernel tree apply madde.patch
$ patch -p0 -i madde.patch
2. Run this in kernel tree:
$ mad dpkg-buildpackage -b

4. You will have builded deb packages in ../

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pali View Post
Ok, I rename zImage name in -bootimg package and I add multiboot item file to -bootimg package.
When will you upload them? I can't wait to test

Originally Posted by pali View Post
If I have time, I will look at meego kernel for n900. Maybe something will be possible.
I found source, and I can see you have already been active in thread http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=70082 , MohammadAG pointed with which software problems can occur (in post #4 of this thread, so you surely must have seen it)

Thank you very much for your instrucions on compiling this patched kernel I will also look at the code of bleeding edge wifi drivers and code with your patch-of-cumulative-patches and try to play a little. I don't have much experience in kernel compiling, but I've compiled few custom kernels for my custom linux livecd distribution in the last 4 years, so I'm not totally noobish at it. If you are working on something more than bleeding edge wifi drivers with pocket injection, could you drop me a private message, so we won't waste time trying to do the same thing?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 127 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ stockton
just wanted to say thanks for this the i/o patch really seems to work theres no slow down when copying the 2gig easy debian image to a back up folder and installing apps in ed seems to be vastly improved i havent done much testing yet
also the guide for multiboot was very simple to follow cheers for that a few copy and pastes later and everything worked spot on

i have just removed all kernel power packages and reinstalled just pali's because fapman and xterm aptget wouldnt work becasue of dependency problems every thing works fine now and i cleared away some root space the only problem now is i cant install kernel-power-settings i was hopeing some one could make a compatible deb running the phone at 600hz is very depresing

Last edited by stooobs; 2011-04-22 at 17:42. Reason: broken packages

When will you upload them? I can't wait to test
Sorry, now I do not have time...

If you are working on something more than bleeding edge wifi drivers with pocket injection, could you drop me a private message, so we won't waste time trying to do the same thing?
only wl1251 patches. (lxp will integrate it...)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
Could anybody please give me some instructions on how to install this properly and the multiboot stuff as well as the possibility of using it with uboot for MeeGo?

I will take the instructions, noobify them a bit and create a wiki page to make things a bit easier and also reduce the clutter on your thread
It won't be needed soon, because hopefully this kernel will be next release of power kernel, so it will be as easy as installing power kernel now - just installing correct packages via application manager and everything works - noob friendly. Untill then, I wouldn't consider this kernel noob-friendly and people who now still don't know what to do should wait just these few more days.

Originally Posted by stooobs View Post
i have just removed all kernel power packages and reinstalled just pali's because fapman and xterm aptget wouldnt work becasue of dependency problems every thing works fine now and i cleared away some root space the only problem now is i cant install kernel-power-settings i was hopeing some one could make a compatible deb running the phone at 600hz is very depresing
Try deb attached below, I didn't test it, but it's basically kernel-power-settings 0.11 with removed dependancy on kernel-power-flasher, so it should work. (don't forget to write here later if it worked or not )
Attached Files
File Type: deb kernel-power-settings_0.11-1misiak1_armel.deb (10.9 KB, 158 views)

Last edited by misiak; 2011-04-23 at 16:01.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:

Tags
battery-status, bq27x00_battery, kernel, kernel-power, misiak4king, noobs-cant-read, pali4president, patches, readdirections, revolverspinyou