Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Originally Posted by tso View Post
No, keep them. I was using them as an example of similar observed behavior when the content of two repositories overlap.

Did you at any point install the community ssu using the testing repository or similar?
OK, I will keep them. And, no, I did not use the testing repository to install the community ssu.

Does the application manager log say anything interesting?

There seems to be something hinky happening with Diablo extras at the moment. I get this complaint from apt-get update:

Code:
W: GPG error: http://repository.maemo.org diablo Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY E40DC434616730BD
W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems
which I think means it was (accidentally?) signed with the Fremantle key even though it's not meant to be signed. I don't have much time to try to debug this right now but if anyone wants to file a bug feel free.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
will diablo-turbo be pushed via CSSU at some point?

Originally Posted by tso View Post
will diablo-turbo be pushed via CSSU at some point?
I want to get at least the compcache bits in there, and I'm out of round tuits at the moment. If anyone else wants to package stuff feel free :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lma View Post
If anyone wants to contribute in any way, please ping me.
I just installed the update on my n800, and it seems great so far.

I'd be happy to apply some of the patches floating around in b.m.o marked for diablo - I just don't know how to return the built packages to the community.

For example, I just applied the control panel patch from bug 3470 and built a package in scratchbox (1.0.17).

For those who are interested, I just used:

Code:
apt-get source hildon-control-panel
cd hildon-control-panel-2.0.1
patch -p1 < ../hildon-control-panel-fullscreen.patch # patch from b.m.o
dch -i # this automatically bumps the version when you save
fakeroot make -f debian/rules binary
I've also attached the resulting deb right here.
Attached Files
File Type: deb hildon-control-panel_2.0.1-2_armel.deb (35.5 KB, 101 views)

Last edited by bstern; 2011-04-05 at 07:20. Reason: replace "vi debian/changelog" with debian-appropriate tool "dch -i"

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to bstern For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bstern View Post
I'd be happy to apply some of the patches floating around in b.m.o marked for diablo - I just don't know how to return the built packages to the community.
I applied the patches from N93926 Part 1 and N93926 Part 2 to bring my copy of the hildon-application-manager source to 2.1.19.1 (which was the version installed on my N800, but was not the version I could find source for in my development environment).

Once that was done, I used the patch found in BMO 2710 to eliminate the "invalid source" dialog box.

Finally, I built the package in my scratchbox (1.0.17), using similar steps to those used for the control panel. I did need to do "fakeroot apt-get install libapt-pkg-dev" in order to get the package to build, but this should not be relevant for installation, since it is a compile-time dependency only.

I've also attached the resulting deb right here. If there is a better way to distribute this stuff, please let me know.

ETA: According to the author of the patch,

Code:
echo 'red-pill-show-legalese 0' >>~/.osso/hildon-application-manager
will disable the prompt warning about lack of guarantees of reliability for non-Nokia software. I take no responsibility for people using this package and then inadvertently installing software.
Attached Files
File Type: deb hildon-application-manager_2.1.19.2_armel.deb (174.3 KB, 158 views)

Last edited by bstern; 2011-04-22 at 02:12. Reason: Add usage information

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bstern For This Useful Post:
Posts: 201 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ india
i got this error - packages 404 not found.
what should i do.? i've added the stable version to tha repo. disabled the testing repo. but its failed to refresh. what to do.?

The Following User Says Thank You to abhirajsoni For This Useful Post:
Posts: 57 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ West Hills California
Removed -testing from repo and upgraded. Good so far. Opera11 is sweet as well.

So why is an update available for the SSU package?

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Do not see one here.

Tags
diablo, maemo 4