Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 129 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ New York, NY
Starting today, I have had a strange problem with facebook. It looks like it's rendering only the text, and not even fully loading all elements/status, etc...

I've never had an issue with a website, especially facebook before, and microB usually is a very faithful brower experience. Any suggestions? Anyone else have this problem?

So most other websites are working correctly, but I am getting a lot of "secure connection failed - expired security certificate" notices before being able to access, say, twitter or gmail. I got the same notice with facebbok, but It's the only one not rendering correctly.

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Is the time or date wrong on your phone?

The Following User Says Thank You to stlpaul For This Useful Post:
Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
just refresh the pages a few time then it will be likes normal as before...

2 suggestions:

MicroB can be a little temperamental sometimes. Most of the time I've found that the N900 automatically checking for updates is the cause of it. Immediately afterwards I'll get the updates notification and everything will be fine after that.
Also try clearing your private data. While you're their check your "Memory cache size" in the settings. Should be set to 40MB for best results.

Facebook = Facepalm, most of the time. I've been having issues for over a month now, same issues on both PC and N900. Just part and parcel of Facebook, they're always f@rting about with it in one way or another.

If you're viewing over 3G/3.5G, don't overlook network issues, either.

Thanks everyone for the quick tips. Turns out it had to do with the date being wrong on the phone. Lately the micro usb port is loose and it no longer charges (at least not easily), so it's been without a charge for a lot longer than usual. I have to rig it at an angle to charge it now, and that doesn't work all the time...

get an external battery charger and buy 2 batteries.