Hope this isn't too thick sounding a question, but here goes:

Everyone is talking about the new market fix for N11 as it didn't work before. I'm not too bothered because applanet is available, but if there is a fix then why not get it., right?

So I cannot find any update files to download, so it must be either the 'old' market fix method now works, OR a new installation of Nitdroid is required over the previous N11? Can this information please be added to the first page, or to the wiki or something.

Looking at the wiki suggests the 'old' market fix should do the trick on the N11 that I installed (the one where the market previously wasn't working) The file name looks the same for the install tar file and the method looks the same. So what has changed to make the market now work? If it is an extra file to download I am not finding it on any searches. If the fix is to re-download N11 which now has a market fix included, it doesn't say that either. It just says there is a fix and market fix now works.....

Sorry. I can see I am babbling on now and I just wanted to ask the question. It's late here and I am low on sleep. I just hope someone has a simple answer for me please.

ps excellent job on nitdroid. Some parts of bbc iplayer website were playing flash10 stuff for me earlier and the browser was zooming, looked as good as microb plus some sites worked better.

EDIT: Finally found the market fix tar file after yet another search this morning. It was in a really obscure reference to a place to download some of e-yes's stuff that lead me to it. That was on google, not on here.

It's really not very well signposted at all.

Last edited by kyllerbuzcut; 2011-04-23 at 09:05. Reason: found it

I have market icon in my desktop, when i click it says ""Application is not installed on your phone". I already applied market fix , anybody please help me. Thanks.

That's exadctly what I am getting too after just applying fix. Restarted nitdroid but same thing. If you looked at all applications under settings it shows market as being there but it is greyed out. There is no way to apply the 'old' market fix without first starting the market is there?
EDIT: After some testing I believe the problem may be related to syncing. I haven't been able to get this thing to sync at all yet since applying the market fix and I believe that once this process can start then the market stuff might update itself on the system.
Of course I could just be being totally *****ic lol. I'll keep going down this path and see what happens....

Last edited by kyllerbuzcut; 2011-04-23 at 10:30.

UPDATE: It definitely wont sync now. Even got a thing that tells it to 'sync now' and nothing else I've tried will do it either. I hope someone has an idea on how to make the sync run somehow, (it's probably really simple, but when you don't have the know-how the simple can become hard).
My theory is that the market wont start until it knows your details. It wont know your details until you have 'synced in' to google. Therefore, Gmail, contacts, and messaging wont work either. Probably other stuff too.
Feel free to call me a numpty and tell me to 'just press button x and that will do it'. Hope someone knows what x is.

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
I'm unable to play any xvid AVI files that I was able to before in previous versions.
Tried vplayer, rockplayer, vitalplayer etc in both hw and sw decoding modes.

Anyone has video playback working?

Posts: 155 | Thanked: 92 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Jordan
ok..I have a few questions since trying this out.. i removed it because it cluttered up my files.. is it possible to N11 on it's own partition say like a 5 gig or so .. and will the multi-boot pick it up...ty

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
I'm sorry if this has been discussed already... as you know this thread is very long to browse.

Each time I suspend nitdroid by pressing the power button, the wifi connection is suspended too. But when i restore pressing power button again, wifi connection is not automatically restored. I have to kill wifi and re-enable it.

Is it normal? Thanks

Originally Posted by SavageBrat View Post
ok..I have a few questions since trying this out.. i removed it because it cluttered up my files.. is it possible to N11 on it's own partition say like a 5 gig or so .. and will the multi-boot pick it up...ty
Yes it is possible. I have mine on a seperate partition. You need to either re-flash your device with a custom image or create a linux g-parted bootable CD, boot it up and resize to your hearts content WITHOUT loosing data or needing to reflash.

Nitdroid still stores some data on your /home directory though whether you put it on sd or a sepaarate partition

The Following User Says Thank You to kyllerbuzcut For This Useful Post:
Posts: 446 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lake District, Cumbria, UK
Originally Posted by SavageBrat View Post
http://wiki.maemo.org/Nitdroid_easy_...development.29

go to Number 5 in the wiki list.(5 Custom EMMC's)
I used the custom 8 gig and installed N11 with no clitches.

The Following User Says Thank You to neotalk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 446 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lake District, Cumbria, UK
Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
I'm sorry if this has been discussed already... as you know this thread is very long to browse.

Each time I suspend nitdroid by pressing the power button, the wifi connection is suspended too. But when i restore pressing power button again, wifi connection is not automatically restored. I have to kill wifi and re-enable it.

Is it normal? Thanks
don't know if it's normal but i have the same issue and have to kill wifi as it goes into scaning mode, then re-enable it. Seems to happen if phone is idle for some time.

Tags
android, gingerbread, nitdroid