Active Topics

Hi even after the pr1.3 update and everything else still the phone application goes crazy on an incomming call which is really annoying having to keep tapping answer 3 to 5 times and having to keep switching from landscape to portrait to landscape changing ui! I was just thinking if it would be possible to stop the proximity sensor on the incoming call and just have the screen unlock itself on incoming call so the user can see who is calling but there would be a problem of accidentally pressing the wrong button to answer and reject call this could be solved by the similar ui as the nokia n97 has the two opposite directional swipeing to answer and reject the incoming call ui. This way unless the answer or reject buttin is swiped it wont recognize the touch even with the screen unlocked and at the same time just lock the ui to portrait as when using the phone it would be hold in portrait state as this would get rid of ui jumping glitch!

Now unfortunately i am quite naive or one could even say useless at coding or making this possible cos i dont know how to so can the brilliant people of this forum please please make this happen and not just improve my use of this beloved and amazing device but also improve every n900 users life and user experience!

This is not a bad idea, but isn't the phone application closed source?

A better idea was mentioned somewhere here, use the volume keys to answer or reject.

Oh man i go so carried away in finding the solution to this annoying problem that i cant even think straight anymore but yes u r right as phoneapplication is a closed source i dont think any thing can be done abt it can it?! or is there anything i can do to atleast stop this ui from jumping around its like playing the fastest finger first repeatedly to answer the bloody phone call. Nokia you created a great device which is being turned into an amazing gadget by this community! Thanks to all the developers and people on this forum otherwise n900 wouldnt be what it is today! Nokia please either provide the n900 with same ui for phone application as n97 or make the phone application source code open and available to developers on here so they can improve it and make it usuable please for the love of GOD! This is soo annoying and frustrating!

I usually wait a couple rings until the wonkiness settles out...

Posts: 63 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Canada
In extras-devel, there is a packge calles "slide2answer" that does exactly that.

It is minimalist but works perfectly!

I.ve tried using that slide to answer ui from the extras devel but unfortunately i was still getting the rotational glitches plus the slide to answer isnt very sensitive to touch so its still annoying and no way near useable!

Is it just me who is having this screen glitches is no other n900 user having this difficulty? Cos if no one is then why is it that i have this problem still?

BTW who ever added the tag "just shoot me" to this thread well done good sense of humour but i still have a problem a little help would be much more appreciated!

Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
Originally Posted by tushyd View Post
I usually wait a couple rings until the wonkiness settles out...
i do the same!!!!

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
i have had no problem answering calls since getting my N900 since it was first released.

one thing that helps is setting phone orientation to either landscape or portrait...

also slide2answer is great, ive had no problems with it either. it only makes it easier to answer calls, and less likely to press wrong button.

thanks

Forcing just portrait mode helps me. i dont have any problems with anserwing.

Tags
foad op, just shoot me, n900=crap, no one cares