Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by abhideva View Post
Hey guys,

Thanx for the amazing app .... i loved it ....
But the main problem is that before installing maemodder , i just installed the CSSU update and everything was working fine .... But when i installed maemodder , only some mods are working ......

For example , hildon-menu potrait was working fine but after installing maemodder , it isn't working . and when i open the CSSU confi app , it just crashes .

Pls help guys .... but when i tried to uninstall maemodder , it says like this

BusyBox v1.10.2 (Debian 3:1.10.2.legal-1osso30+0m5) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

~ $ root

BusyBox v1.10.2 (Debian 3:1.10.2.legal-1osso30+0m5) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

Nokia-N900:~# apt-get remove maemodder
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
mp-fremantle-community-pr: Depends: hildon-desktop (>= 1:2.2.142-11) but 1:2.2.140-1+0m5 is to be installed
Depends: hildon-control-panel (>= 1:2.2.27-4) but 1:2.2.27-2+0m5 is to be installed
status-area-orientationlock-applet: Depends: hildon-desktop (>= 1:2.2.142-11) but 1:2.2.140-1+0m5 is to be installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).
Nokia-N900:~#

pls help guys .... URGENT !!!

Hi ! I had the same problem when I installed MAG applications, it worked great for a short time but then portrait statusmenu didnt work suddenly. The solution was to run several times apt-get update + upgrade + apt-get -f install. Then it started to work. Not a very classy solution but it worked for me :] hope this helps and atleast its worthy for a try.

The Following User Says Thank You to joonne For This Useful Post:
Posts: 85 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao, Spain
Originally Posted by joonne View Post
Hi ! I had the same problem when I installed MAG applications, it worked great for a short time but then portrait statusmenu didnt work suddenly. The solution was to run several times apt-get update + upgrade + apt-get -f install. Then it started to work. Not a very classy solution but it worked for me :] hope this helps and atleast its worthy for a try.
Thanks joonne. But I'm not so keen on Xterminal to try. I'm afraid to spoil something. Could you be more explicit, I mean, what did you type literally? I guess that “install” has some app behind.... maybe maemodder? Did you type and try once and again? i'd be very pleased for any kind of help. I want both CSSU and Maemodder (sorry I didn't try MAG apps; I'll go for a search now to learn what it is and does). Many thanks in advance.

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Zentenario View Post
Thanks joonne. But I'm not so keen on Xterminal to try. I'm afraid to spoil something. Could you be more explicit, I mean, what did you type literally? I guess that “install” has some app behind.... maybe maemodder? Did you type and try once and again? i'd be very pleased for any kind of help. I want both CSSU and Maemodder (sorry I didn't try MAG apps; I'll go for a search now to learn what it is and does). Many thanks in advance.

Yes it was really trying for me, but i think also that its very safe to run those commands, anything shouldnt go wrong there. I typed first apt-get update, then apt-get upgrade and finally apt-get install -f because this passes those packages that are wrong/missing ( or this is how I understand this, anyone can correct this if i´m horribly wrong ) Then n900 installed again the original packages and everything workes again

The Following User Says Thank You to joonne For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by joonne View Post
Yes it was really trying for me, but i think also that its very safe to run those commands, anything shouldnt go wrong there. I typed first apt-get update, then apt-get upgrade and finally apt-get install -f because this passes those packages that are wrong/missing ( or this is how I understand this, anyone can correct this if i´m horribly wrong ) Then n900 installed again the original packages and everything workes again
Make sure you disable extras-devel and testing before using apt-get upgrade

The Following User Says Thank You to patlak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 85 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao, Spain
Thank you so much both joonne and patlak fpr your wise advices. Now i feel confident enough to try installing.

Hi, i recently installed maemodder and i'm trying to use the change kernel profile or the frequencies manager but it says operation aborted because the power-kernel il not installed.. i tried in x-term to apt-get install it and it was completed successfully... i did a reboot but it says the same thing... what can i do... I forgot to say that i had flashed my n900 earlier at 900mhz manually ... does that have anything to do with my problem now?? please help me...

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colchester, UK
python set to manually installed.
python-osso is already the newest version.
python-osso set to manually installed.
python-gtk2 is already the newest version.
python-gtk2 set to manually installed.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
1 not fully installed or removed.
After this operation, 0B of additional disk space will be used.
Setting up wget (1.10.2-2osso3) ...
install-info(/usr/share/info/wget.info):
dpkg: error processing wget (--configure):
subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 2
Errors were encountered while processing:
wget
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

sorry am getting error message, i have the icon in my app list but when i tap on it it runs but clashes. plz help me, have been trying since afternoon.
thankx in advance

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on May 2010 @ limassol cyprus
wats the difference between this and the Cssu?

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by n900 lover View Post
wats the difference between this and the Cssu?
The CSSU gives you more freedom to customize your N900, among other things, but you have to know how to make the changes, such as by editing files. This helps you choose and make changes without editing files. This + CSSU is a powerful combination.

Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
Geneven, I respect your opinion.

Do you think this MaeModder is safe to use on a stock N900?

I've just read all through this whole thread and there seems like a lot of error messages and 1 reboot loop being posted up by people and it's kinda put me off installing this lol.

Tags
dany-69, maemodder