Though on YLE people the two people interviewed coming out of Barona Areena where really excited.

First a bit younger guy went out and say that he sees the changes great! And when asked how he feels about his job he answered that people who know what they are doing will keep their jobs and he is not worried.
I honestly do think that some people are now seeing some changes where they can finally make a difference.... or good marketing people talking in these events.
In a other hand like i posted on the last page about Nokia workers working around MeeGo it seems like that project is clearly moving back to it's Maemo days if not totally stopped at some point.

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
In a other hand like i posted on the last page about Nokia workers working around MeeGo it seems like that project is clearly moving back to it's Maemo days if not totally stopped at some point.
Yes. According to this leaked memo activities apparently end after June. This should mean that the Harmattan phone is out before that (maybe on the MeeGo conference?).

After that no updates, no support, no marketing. Just like the good old Maemo times once again

EDIT: Oops! That was June 2012. My bad.

Last edited by OVK; 2011-04-27 at 13:18.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OVK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by OVK View Post
After that no updates, no support, no marketing. Just like the good old Maemo times once again
Honestly i haven't expected anything else since the WP announcement, now it just slowly coming reality.

Though if the HW and UI is great and we can keep this community alive i will buy it just like i did N900 on the first day knowing exactly what the device was and will again know when the N950 arrives. I own iphone 4, GS and N900 at the moment and i'm feeling itchy to finally see harmattan UI and device alive after over 2 years of wait.

People can just forget that MeeGo will become something Android like ever.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by OVK View Post
Yes. According to this leaked memo activities apparently end after June. This should mean that the Harmattan phone is out before that (maybe on the MeeGo conference?).

EDIT: Oops! That was June 2012. My bad.
Well it's propably still annouced at the Meego conference. Then lukewarm support until June 2012, ie. a year or so.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
I hope they fail.

The right time for buying a domain?

$79 for http://www.meltemi.org/

Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
Originally Posted by momcilo View Post
The right time for buying a domain?

$79 for http://www.meltemi.org/
Microsoft and .org domain? Really?
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Kind of sad that Microsoft/WP7 didn't just replace Meego, but it seems to have also taken over the Maemo/Meego tradition of naming projects after winds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meltemi

The Following User Says Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mece View Post
Microsoft and .org domain? Really?
The pun was intentional, as it is, there won't be any '*.org' community any more.

I would not be to surprised if maemo.org is taken down with all the articles, repositories, forum and resources. It may be wise to create a personal mirrors.

I will try to maintain my n810 in working condition as long as possible, but at the end I will switch to the "dark" side using ipad.

See also:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=72563

Last edited by buurmas; 2011-04-28 at 18:35. Reason: fixed the link

Tags
bye-nokia, i don't even, just shoot him, just shoot me, let's elope, lockdown, meego?fail, negatron dan, nokia defiled, nokia suicide, sell tulips, step 8 out of 5, the-end?, www.elop.org