Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by marxian View Post
A quick screenshot of the new, improved widget that is coming in the next release. It now scrolls three items at a time, and has access to other feeds besides search. You can also launch the main application from the widget:

only a word: wow

The Following User Says Thank You to Berkt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Version 0.6.1 should be in extras-devel soon. Changelog:

* Improved homescreen widget with larger buttons and more features.
* Added safe search setting to filter potentially unsuitable content.
* Updated translations.

My website

GitHub

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 258 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lima-Peru
Great! you have my voted for meego codding competition.

Have my N900 since 2010 and still is my main phone!

I'm Making money viewing Ads Here Now making money to donate to the forum

The Following User Says Thank You to Shinigamijim For This Useful Post:
Version 0.6.1 should be in extras-devel soon. Changelog:

* Improved homescreen widget with larger buttons and more features.
* Added safe search setting to filter potentially unsuitable content.
* Updated translations.
The widget works good, but i've a question, can you add a locker key in the widget? So if i touch the widget the video don't start.. This appened frequently when i switch the homescreen.. Thanks

The loading box in cuteTube wasn't resize...

PS the translation of "On" and "Off" in "Ricerca Sicura" (Safe Search) is "Attiva" and "Disattiva"

Last edited by Berkt; 2011-04-28 at 06:39.

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
ok i want to speak in the name of everyone living in countries with slow connections, such as 256 kbps, yes thats pretty darn slow, now cutetube qml works great, awesomly great, but when it comes to playing videos it fails, here is the thing, people with slow connections have to wait a bit for a youtube video to load, than watch the video, because their slow connections won't let them buffer all the video right away, and both kmplayer and the internal media player doesn't have an option to pause the video while its loading, because wonce you pause it, it will stop loading or buffering in the media players that this awesome app supports, so is there an external media player that supports buffering while pausing that this app might support ??? (sib player maybe, i don't know )

The Following User Says Thank You to elie-7 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by elie-7 View Post
ok i want to speak in the name of everyone living in countries with slow connections, such as 256 kbps, yes thats pretty darn slow, now cutetube qml works great, awesomly great, but when it comes to playing videos it fails, here is the thing, people with slow connections have to wait a bit for a youtube video to load, than watch the video, because their slow connections won't let them buffer all the video right away, and both kmplayer and the internal media player doesn't have an option to pause the video while its loading, because wonce you pause it, it will stop loading or buffering in the media players that this awesome app supports, so is there an external media player that supports buffering while pausing that this app might support ??? (sib player maybe, i don't know )
MPlayer supports caching, which should help with the buffering problems. I've added support for MPlayer for the next release, so you can give that a try and see how it works out.

My website

GitHub

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
MPlayer supports caching, which should help with the buffering problems. I've added support for MPlayer for the next release, so you can give that a try and see how it works out.
BIG THANK YOU MATE, can't wait to give it a try , your the man .

Is the widget a separate application? I can't seem to find the widget on my widget list.

The Following User Says Thank You to kazuki For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kazuki View Post
Is the widget a separate application? I can't seem to find the widget on my widget list.
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=548

Version 0.6.2 should be in extras-devel soon. Changelog:

* Added support for MPlayer.
* Homescreen widget can now be locked to prevent accidental video playback (long-press on 'cuteTube' button will lock/unlock the widget).
* Fixed incorrect resizing of loading indicator.
* Updated Italian translation.

Something I didn't mention following the last release is that you can use cuteTube to play a video via the command line, by entering

Code:
/opt/usr/bin/qmltube --play url
where url is the YouTube link to the video. I may add further CLI features in the future.

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2011-04-28 at 15:37.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Thanks bro, the widget now is perfect Just one thing, I wouldn't stressed you, but there are two other errors in translation : (

here "Latest Subscription Videos" must be replace with "Novità da Iscrizioni"

But here I forgot a space, in context OAuthDialog, "Authorisation For "
with "Autorizzazione Per "

If you stress too much with these things, tell me, is not a problem

Tags
cutetube, marxian = god, marxian legend, son of a gun, son of douche, son of fail, son of god, youtube