Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ North-west, UK
Well, stopping Tracker can only make things better, and has no down side, right ?

I have played a bit with this new camera-ui and I have some suggestions to make:

-When you zoom, you must press the volume key many times, it would be better if you can keep the volume key pressed for continuous zooming, like the stock app, a zoom bar would be nice too (interactive zoom and focus bar would be great)
-A small bug: when you stop recording (by clicking on the square or full-press the camera button), the video length counter isn't reset, which can be confusing.
-A nice little feature would be to cancel an action by slide the finger outside the button and release it, like most gui.
-An option to bind the camera key for pausing the video, and not stopping it + keyboard shortcuts for pause and stop the video. (the video pausing feature is a must and should be really built-in every device that can record videos, you did a great job at implanting it )

Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Megaltariak View Post
I have played a bit with this new camera-ui and I have some suggestions to make:

-When you zoom, you must press the volume key many times, it would be better if you can keep the volume key pressed for continuous zooming,
No, the press and hold should work.

a zoom bar would be nice too (interactive zoom and focus bar would be great)
There is a zoom bar, but only as an indicator. I don't want to put more
controls on the UI and I don't like the hildon/gtk/ zoombars,
they aren't very touch friendly.

-A nice little feature would be to cancel an action by slide the finger outside the button and release it, like most gui.
I am not quite sure how this is done by the stock camera-ui,
but I will try to implement this.

Nicolai

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nicolai For This Useful Post:
In fact, the press and hold didn't worked system-wide on my N900 (same issue for changing volume), a reboot fixed it for some times but it just reappears, very strange issue (but not linked with your camera-ui)

The Following User Says Thank You to Megaltariak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Originally Posted by nicolai View Post
I am not quite sure how this is done by the stock camera-ui,
but I will try to implement this.

Nicolai
Use the clicked() signal instead of released() (Whatever their equivalent in Gtk is).

If they're not buttons (or don't have a clicked() signal), look at http://gitorious.org/qt-mediaplayer/...iew.cpp#line42 I'm pretty sure the same can be done with Gtk and GdkEvent.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
I just want to mention this if it hasn't or has mentioned before.

When you capture a picture or video, the preview shot is shown but when half press the camera button the preview mode doesn't revert back to camera mode. Original camera app does that for quick snapshot.

Also another thing is the colour of the new camera Ui is seems to be a bit washed up when the object is bright red or orange. It change the colour from red organe colour to purple when there is too much light reflect back from the fruit (strawberry, apple) or object.

Not sure why it did this but I'm just raising this incase it can be fixed in the future

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
i have found a bug maybe only on m phone but when i set storage to internal memory the camera app crashes
i use bless n900 and i use internal memory for saving photos

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by Evil-Ninja View Post
i have found a bug maybe only on m phone but when i set storage to internal memory the camera app crashes
i use bless n900 and i use internal memory for saving photos
I am afraid to say this but the problem is not this app. May be there is a conflict between your other camera app or your eMMC camera folder is corrupted for some reason. I set mine to Internal Memory and nothing wrong.

Does this hold up detection of the cam button? Seems FCamera no longer detects when the button is pressed to take a photo when camera-ui2 is installed?

Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
I can not confirm this. For me, the cam button works
in FCamera.

The Following User Says Thank You to nicolai For This Useful Post:

Tags
camera-ui, fremantle