Poll: Do you think MeeGo OS is dead?
Poll Options
Do you think MeeGo OS is dead?

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by cfh11 View Post
Just out of curiosity, what made you change your tune? I seem to remember as recently as a month or two ago you were opening threads just like this one.

p.s. glad to see you cut down on the trolling
To jump into an almost serious topic for a sec -- I am becoming more convinced that most people have multiple personalities, and we have seen proof of that on this site. I have seen myself behave in ways that I don't particularly recognize as characteristic of me, for example. And I'm not the only one. People change their tunes surprisingly often.

Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
Yeah, I remember him attacking Stskeeps about Meego a few weeks ago. Now listen to him....

Complete Schizo.

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on May 2010 @ New Zealand
Trolling, derailaing, who cares? I know, different platform, but another nail in the MeeGo coffin I'm afraid.

From a member of the Fedora project: "I have bad news for Meego community from Fedora Project. Unfortunately Fedora will not support the Meego netbook remix (fedora based meego distribution) as Fedora upstream project anymore."
Maemo 5, Windows 7 (for MCE, MS.Word+Endnote), Debian, Ubuntu, trying to get LibreOffice Writer+Bibus working properly with EndNote bibliography, given up trying to get MythTV working with AverMedia Galaxy DVB-S USB tuner. Linux & astronomy: http://mishastro.wikispaces.com/

Originally Posted by mishmich View Post
I know, different platform, but another nail in the MeeGo coffin I'm afraid.
Hardly.

From a member of the Fedora project: "I have bad news for Meego community from Fedora Project. Unfortunately Fedora will not support the Meego netbook remix (fedora based meego distribution) as Fedora upstream project anymore."
Which makes sense, because there's no such thing as a "Fedora based meego distribution." MeeGo is MeeGo based. The user interfaces, in this case the netbook UX, is not MeeGo. It's the same mistake that SuSE made with Smeegol, you can't call something MeeGo if it doesn't meet the compliance standards, and slapping the UX on an entirely different distribution is a surefire way to not meet them.

The Following User Says Thank You to wmarone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on May 2010 @ New Zealand
Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
Hardly.

Which makes sense, because there's no such thing as a "Fedora based meego distribution." MeeGo is MeeGo based. The user interfaces, in this case the netbook UX, is not MeeGo. It's the same mistake that SuSE made with Smeegol, you can't call something MeeGo if it doesn't meet the compliance standards, and slapping the UX on an entirely different distribution is a surefire way to not meet them.
OK, I thought the Fedora team might know what they are talking about. Obviously they don't.
Maemo 5, Windows 7 (for MCE, MS.Word+Endnote), Debian, Ubuntu, trying to get LibreOffice Writer+Bibus working properly with EndNote bibliography, given up trying to get MythTV working with AverMedia Galaxy DVB-S USB tuner. Linux & astronomy: http://mishastro.wikispaces.com/

Correct me if I'm wrong, but what really keeps MeeGo from being installed, say, in an Android device with unlocked bootloader (assuming it runs on ARM) is the lack of drivers for that specific device, correct?

Posts: 434 | Thanked: 990 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
Originally Posted by number41 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but what really keeps MeeGo from being installed, say, in an Android device with unlocked bootloader (assuming it runs on ARM) is the lack of drivers for that specific device, correct?
Meego is already running on Android devices. Devs have had Meego running on HTC Desire using a patched android kernel. Check the Meego wiki for more info

Posts: 64 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dun ask abt location
I want Nokia WP8

I want testicular cancer with a side of manboobs.

Phanks! Right back at ya!

Tags
maemo lives, n900 dead, purge-abill