omg we have no excuses. i test some patches now

i can not play any video from gpodder / maxkeiser or mises or youtube

only me?

edit i try adding
<object class="GtkAction" id="action_play">
<property name="stock_id">gtk-media-play</property>
<signal name="activate" handler="on_play_button_clicked"/>
</object>
to gpodderdownload.ui but the new field does not display. do i need to clear a cache?

Last edited by ArnimS; 2009-12-27 at 15:41.

I finally managed to install Gpodder again, after weeks of waiting...got the same errormessage with "python-glade"" as the rest of you guys with problems...thanks to this thread I managed to install it by uninstalling Gonvert, and then just installed Gpodder...and Gonvert once again after installing Gpodder...now both works like a charm!

After updating the OS and leaving gpodder open any time I unlock my phone it opens up to gpodder instead of the home screen.

any reason why or how i can stop this?

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by fidel cashlow View Post
After updating the OS and leaving gpodder open any time I unlock my phone it opens up to gpodder instead of the home screen.

any reason why or how i can stop this?
That's a pretty unlikely behaviour (gPodder only starts when you open it from the menu) - a reboot should fix this.

Hi,

Is there any way for gPodder to import some existing mp3s as if I downloaded them directly on the N900? I have a bunch of them on my computer but re-downloading them is impossible because the feeds don't list them anymore.

I poked a bit at the sqlite db and it seems like I could manually INSERT them. Am I missing something? Is there a better way?

Other than this admittedly rare use case, this is a fantastic piece of software, and bravo to both the upstream developers and the ones who ported it to maemo. Thanks!

Originally Posted by nex View Post
Is there any way for gPodder to import some existing mp3s as if I downloaded them directly on the N900? I have a bunch of them on my computer but re-downloading them is impossible because the feeds don't list them anymore.

I poked a bit at the sqlite db and it seems like I could manually INSERT them. Am I missing something? Is there a better way?
It's actually not very uncommon that people want this feature. It's a problem from a metadata standpoint (you can't really determine a episode URL + description, etc.. when the episode has been removed from the page). And yes, editing the sqlite database at ~/.config/gpodder/database.sqlite is the way to go. If you start hacking on such a tool, please make it a bit more generic (maybe even with GUI support to "match" unknown files to episodes in the feed or create new episodes based on the files?) and share the results, I'm happy to include such a utility in the gPodder source releases (and you would make several users happy that have the same problem).

i just want to say I love gpodder. the combo of using this and panucci to play is awesome. Means never having to sync with my PC on a daily basis. One feature I would like is if it would allow me to launch the podcasts from gpodder and boot up panucci instead of the default media player, namely because the default media player is awful for pause and resume.

The Following User Says Thank You to flameboy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by flameboy View Post
One feature I would like is if it would allow me to launch the podcasts from gpodder and boot up panucci instead of the default media player, namely because the default media player is awful for pause and resume.
You can actually do this by selecting "Panucci" as audio player from gPodder's preferences menu (available through the app menu [titlebar] in the main view [in 2.1 and earlier: the one with the three big buttons]). Have fun

Love gpodder. When it comes to subscribing lots of feeds I rather ssh and use gpo subscribe url command. Specially with those long feed paths. The problem is that you never see it in gpodder, all the ones that I added. Is this a problem or did not do something. Overall looks good.

this is an awesome app. i use it everyday.
just noticed that if i view a feed and say play all it does not mark those items as played. i then need to go into every item.
could this be fixed please ?

i also have a quesion, why does gpodder not autoupdate if it's not open?

My Blog

Tags
fremantle, gpodder, maemo 5, not android, podcast, testing