Active Topics

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I can see this device change to Ubuntu just around April...

Ubuntu edge. And postponed to November.

When will confirm/deny that this real?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2016-02-03 at 17:22.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
So it would hard to reach thsoe shortcuts as well. Also it would ruin the flow of the phone usage, where I would need to scroll all the way back to the point I was previously (for example some reading in browser) or is there shortcut to get back from top/bottom to the point you stopped reading before making mega aka mortal kombat fatalities combos to get to the one hand friendly pulley menu?
Just out of curiosity....

What would be the use case where you want to read something, then access pulley for some action (which action?) and then return back reading from the same point?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JulmaHerra For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
I can see this device change to Ubuntu just around April...

Ubuntu edge. And postponed to November.

When will confirm/deny that this real?
Good point, sadly. Looking at the breathless cnet and Verge articles from last Summer and Fall, it was originally supposed to launch last December 18, wasn't it? Now it's postponed till soon and will ship with a different OS than originally announced. Maybe I'm just a little jaded from the jPad affair, but when changes delay the launch, maybe it never was launchable.

Ooh, at least I can buy a case for it on eBay! I wonder if it -- the case, that is -- would fit inside a Latsu case. And something else within that. An Ubuntu Edge case there somewhere. A Russian doll of vaporware cases! I'll keep them in the trunk of my flying car.

Everyday, I'm less and less optimistic that I'll ever see an Aquafish, Turingfish, Puzzlefish or Fairfish that exists, let alone works at data speeds any faster than EDGE in the US.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
A friend of mine just called me this morning asking if I wanted to use his Turing phone pre-order as he does not want it with Sailfish OS.
That is what worries me. How can they chanve specs like that, AFTER people have preordered? I expect much more cases like yours and a bad PR for Turing and, ultimately, for Jolla.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
That is what worries me. How can they chanve specs like that, AFTER people have preordered? I expect much more cases like yours and a bad PR for Turing and, ultimately, for Jolla.
Has the preorders payed anything?

Changing the OS @ promised delivery day...that is funny. I won't say it's a scam but it looks like a...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
Really no headphone jack? WTF?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to OVK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by JulmaHerra View Post

What would be the use case where you want to read something, then access pulley for some action (which action?) and then return back reading from the same point?
Saving a document half way through editing?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
Originally Posted by OVK View Post
Really no headphone jack? WTF?
maybe it brings access to the phone? i remember that i flash a motorola phone over the audio jack.

this cable looks like so:

OR: we can buy a adapter what works over the "Wallaby Magstream" port

The Following User Says Thank You to cvp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by JulmaHerra View Post

I'm in the middle of quantum physics article at bus stop. And suddenly i need to check when next bus arrives and i need to open new tab(is it pulley menu?) or i want to share this page with my friend or save it to pocket (does Jolla have pocket client btw?)
I'm reading tweets and suddenly i want to tweet something not related e.g. - I see funny dog and i want to tweet it so I get likes and hugs
I'm in the book app and i want to enter menu to enlarge font and it's in pulley menu.
I'm in the group chat catching up to the long convo my friends had when I was at work and couldn't check and I want to send picture to them.
I'm in map application where is no top or bottom and I need to get to pulley menu to enter address for new direction.
Should i continue? Though if we had more apps I would give more examples. Or if there would be more native games with pulley menu it would be to pause game from menu, while the screen is used for ingame use and pulley is not working.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
I'm in the middle of quantum physics article at bus stop. And suddenly i need to check when next bus arrives and i need to open new tab(is it pulley menu?) or i want to share this page with my friend or save it to pocket (does Jolla have pocket client btw?)
No, it doesn't need pulley. It's the left hand box on the bottom of the screen. However, more pressing issue would be that you would likely have to reload the page on previous tab when coming back. it should get you back to right place on the page though.

Don't know about pocket client.

I'm reading tweets and suddenly i want to tweet something not related e.g. - I see funny dog and i want to tweet it so I get likes and hugs
Don't use twitter by myself... but from that description, it might be a good idea to tweak the client so that some functions are always available (like they are in browser). Not everything has to be in the pulley.

Another option would be to invent another gesture to access pulley from every position. Perhaps something like tap and pull? Such rationale is already in use on some apps, like gallery.

The Following User Says Thank You to JulmaHerra For This Useful Post:

Tags
dave999scam, sailfish, scamfish, turing, turingphone