Originally Posted by kutibah
Ahh ****. I think something went wrong. I deleted the 2 partitions and created a new one with the full amount of space available and made it FAT16. I then formatted it using vfat and rebooted my 770. Now, the 770 boots up and the bar gets stuck at around 40%. It's been that way for a few minutes. I tried turning it off and on again, same problem. Am I going to have to reflash it?

And even worse, I forgot to backup my settings
Sure looks that way. Hopefully it was just settings and not data you forgot to backup. There is no "recovery" mode on the 770. If it don't boot, you must reflash. Personally, I feel the 64 Meg Nokia provided for applications is plenty.. I installed quite a few applications and have plenty of space left.

Originally Posted by dandrewk
If perchance something happens and you need to re-flash, you won't be able to in rdmode. Then you are pretty much fubar'ed.

I had no trouble reflashing in RD mode using the Linux flasher. I must have done it several times.

Originally Posted by troubleshootr
Sure looks that way. Hopefully it was just settings and not data you forgot to backup. There is no "recovery" mode on the 770. If it don't boot, you must reflash. Personally, I feel the 64 Meg Nokia provided for applications is plenty.. I installed quite a few applications and have plenty of space left.
How do I flash it with the firmware through Linux? I can't use the Software Update Utility through Windows because of various reasons, so it has to be through Linux.

How do I flash it with the firmware through Linux? I can't use the Software Update Utility through Windows because of various reasons, so it has to be through Linux.

http://maemo.org/maemowiki/HOWTO_Fla...ImageWithLinux

http://maemo.org/maemowiki/HOWTO_Fla...ImageWithLinux
Thank you!

I reflashed and everything is fine, but my memory card is not. On my PC, it shows that the total size is only 771mb. Yet, in my partition through the 770, the full 1027mb are supposed to be there?

You need to delete all partitions and format the device. Say you have your mmc card showing up as /dev/mmcblk0 with partition /dev/mmcblk0p1. Delete the /dev/mmcblk0p1 partition so that there is no partitions on the mmc card. Insert into the 770 and format the mmc using the File Manager utility. Windows should now see the full amount of memory.

You need to delete all partitions and format the device. Say you have your mmc card showing up as /dev/mmcblk0 with partition /dev/mmcblk0p1. Delete the /dev/mmcblk0p1 partition so that there is no partitions on the mmc card. Insert into the 770 and format the mmc using the File Manager utility. Windows should now see the full amount of memory.
Thanks. But how am I supposed to Format it on FAT16? I can only do FAT32?

Last edited by kutibah; 2006-04-17 at 23:44.

Thanks. But how am I supposed to Format it on FAT16? I can only do FAT32?
I thought the 770 defaulted to vfat (fat32)

Well you could also do it hand

as root:

umount /media/mmc1
mkfs.vfat /dev/mmcblk0

I thought the 770 defaulted to vfat (fat32)

Well you could also do it hand

as root:

umount /media/mmc1
mkfs.vfat /dev/mmcblk0
Ya, I tried it via that method before and then my PC would not see the memory card anymore?