Active Topics

Fine, list them up and we can look at them elsewhere. -THIS thread-, much like the one from yesterday, has ceased being useful.

Last edited by wmarone; 2010-02-12 at 23:17. Reason: the grammars

The Following User Says Thank You to wmarone For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
I propose this thread for locking. It has ceased (or never really did) contributing positively to this forums and has regressed to basically a crapflood.
Do you think it's brilliant posts like:

The trolls come marching in and this thread slowly, slowly dies...
and

What is it with people who buy this device then come here to whine about it instead of just returning it?
that turned it into a 'crapflood'?

Those weren't even clips out of larger posts..that was the entire content in two of your 'posts' here. Maybe think twice before calling someone else a troll?

Last edited by slartibart; 2010-02-13 at 00:52.

Those weren't even clips out of larger posts..that was the entire content in two of your 'posts' here. Maybe think twice before calling someone else a troll?
The second comment was regarding the arrival of Guber99 who has no real business hanging around, as he has apparently returned his N900 in exchange for an iPhone.

My first was basically regarding the spate of threads that start out with rather grating titles. Then they proceed bring up issues that are not unheard of, or are known issues, or are things that are Nokia's responsibility. Hell the 6th post in the thread -finished it-. We know the issues. We've heard them before. Harping on them again and again and again will not help speed things along.

A few moments with the search button, or just browsing the forum for a bit, would tell people this.

Posts: 610 | Thanked: 391 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ DC, USA
Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
Sweet Jesus, ANOTHER one of these threads. For ****s sake mods could we please just get one "Whine about n900/convince me I am wrong/General attention whore" thread created and these things merged into it. This type of thread pops up 3 times a farking day or more. Do we really need a new thread every single time some tosser decides he no longer wants the phone?

I don't create a new thread every day I wake up and decide to keep it.
If no one would reply, the threads would just die. Fact is, they have an audience on this board.

Deuteronomy 13:6-10; 2 Kings 2:23-24; Judges 19:22-29

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mullf For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 291 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Dec 2009
Originally Posted by jussi69 View Post
I have to agree with you. It appears N95 was the latest decent Nokia device. It really, really makes me boil when I realize Nokia is outsourcing its beta-testing to paying customers like you and me. Never would have thought such from a company as big as Nokia.
Bingo! Well said

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by dhcmega View Post
And I donīt like Nokia delegating some features on coders good will.
You have a philosophical problem with that concept, I'm guessing. Okay, that's your right.

But it's also the right of others to be perfectly happy with providing that goodwill. So if you are unsatisfied and wish to look elsewhere for a device to meet your particular needs, I wish you sincere success. But please don't begrudge those who don't mind the pitfalls of early adoption and the responsibility of community coding.

EDIT: I don't get a sense of malicious intent from your posts, and I appreciate that.

Last edited by Texrat; 2010-02-13 at 01:54.

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
well i love my n900

it was clearly known what the device was going to be , waht features were missing , what to expect

iam not dissapointed with it , build qaultiy on mine is good (touch wood) , hardware is nice , everything works , no reboots , nice features , evolving everyday , 6 new apps have made it to extras today

yeah there are things i would like it to do better but i defo knew what to expect when i bought it and didnt expect anything for granted as it was clearly a new device with a new o/s

even the mighty iphone took ages to implement mms users here have it up and running in a matter of weeks/months which was alot quicker then apple could manage with all their money etc

everything i own , my car , my stereo , my house , my tv , i could say ''but yeah if it done that'' or ''it should do this that one does'' but id rather enjoy my purchase rather then grumble about it

the last device that made me moan was the n97 due to gps and camera i got a brand new replacement and sold it and bought the omnia hd

if you hate it go back to a more original phone or one that suits your tastes better

big shout to the forum for helping/supporting the n900 with all the apps guides etc really appreciated and making my n900 expereince even better

peace peeps :-)

Last edited by buxz777; 2010-02-13 at 02:23.

The second comment was regarding the arrival of Guber99 who has no real business hanging around, as he has apparently returned his N900 in exchange for an iPhone.

My first was basically regarding the spate of threads that start out with rather grating titles. Then they proceed bring up issues that are not unheard of, or are known issues, or are things that are Nokia's responsibility. Hell the 6th post in the thread -finished it-. We know the issues. We've heard them before. Harping on them again and again and again will not help speed things along.

A few moments with the search button, or just browsing the forum for a bit, would tell people this.
i still got my N900 and I am typing on it now. unfortunatelly cant use it during the day due to pathetic email client.......hence my use of apple a device that delivers what it promises.......

as more people buy this device and look for answers to same uncorrected problems you will get threads that raise same issues over and over again.........and how will these threads disappear: simply by having NOKIA DELIVER AND FIX ALL THE BUGS ! UNTIL THEN YOU WILL BE GETTING SAME POSTS OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN!

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
How about proposing some solutions to his complaints? Particularly the software complaints, since software is something that can be improved in an already-released product, rather than squelching the conversation about it. Just a thought to help progress things instead of censoring complaints.

Admittedly, though, there are MANY posts here which are not helping the discussion in any way.

have u been reading these forums? I dont know if anything is going to get solved by proposing solutions for majority of the people who have been complainig .. a) the first phone with maemo, b) ,they were spending ~600$ on it; these 2 facts alone demands doing research ... this cell phone is not going to become what it is not in the next few months so no one can promise or propose anything like that. The *problems* that are there, most of them are here to stay on n900 because they really are not problems, they are perspectives.

n900 is a different kind of device, i am sorry for people for whome it came as a shock. They should now learn something from it. There are people, like me, for whome this device is superb. I dont drop $600 on anything easily, i did so much research when i had to spend $250 on nvidias's gtx 260 you have no idea (i could list and compare all the good graphics cards out there in detail). When it came to N900, $600 ws like a huge investment into the future whose returns were guaranteed (i was although worried that I may not get a defected unit bcuz i had read the forums alot). 2 months and it has exceeded my expectations. You have to also understand this that when I express my positive thoughts about n900 I do not at all mean thats its flawless, I do wish everyday that the battery life was 3 times more than it is. For me the good things exceed the bad so i dont come running to forums with "do u regret", "i hate this i hate that" posts.

hope this helps ....

Tags
it's not a phone!!!, nokia makes me sad, opinions