Moderator | Posts: 3,717 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
I think I know why CepiPerez didn't reply to this thread..

He was looking out for the postman for quite some time...

Joke aside, thanks justadude!
Attached Images

Last edited by HtheB; 2014-05-13 at 15:16.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by justadude View Post
I disagree. Being honest is more important that appearing honest. What a terrible sentiment.
Sorry, bad wording. How about, "It is not enough being honest. It is just as important to be seen as being honest."

Just like in any other aspect of life. It is not enough that I am an expert in foo. It is also important that I am perceived as such if I want to find a new job in foo.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,717 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon

So.. it seems like the customs retained the phone.
CepiPerez had to pay %50 of the declared value (50% of $400! I don't know why justadude wrote that high amount though..)

So... no.... Cepi doesn't get the phone.... The phone doesn't even go back to justadude.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
it's a custom scam. I always knew this was a scam of some sort.

How could they arrest the phone? Whats the charges? What country?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
it's a custom scam. I always knew this was a scam of some sort.

How could they arrest the phone? Whats the charges? What country?
Because the law in Argentina says that you have to pay %50 of the declared value.
And the sender wrote $400.....

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Don't cry for me Argentina
The truth is I never trust you again.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Wut ? Maybe it was a mistake ?

Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
Wut ? Maybe it was a mistake ?
Don't you think it was some boarder patrol that found this illegal immigrant trying to enter Argentine airspace and decided he needed a new phone?

Or even better. There never was a phone but a bag of illegal potatoes or a box of hash.

The conspiracy theories...goes on and on on the net.

Honestly. I have never heard about a 50 % tax is it dollar or ARS. How do they get stuff into their country LOL? They never travel or what.

So he can't argue that he got it for free without paying a dollar?

Either way. Sad story.

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-05-19 at 19:25.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
https://i.imgflip.com/8wipj.jpg

So.. it seems like the customs retained the phone.
CepiPerez had to pay %50 of the declared value (50% of $400! I don't know why justadude wrote that high amount though..)

So... no.... Cepi doesn't get the phone.... The phone doesn't even go back to justadude.
That is what I paid for my backup brand new phone. How the f### was I to know there would be a 50 percent charge? So this brand new phone that I was trying to donate is now going to waste? Serves me right for trying to do a good deed. Never again. I am disgusted. I can only hope cepi can convince these people it was a gift and not a purchase; if it even matters anymore.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to justadude For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by justadude View Post
That is what I paid for my backup brand new phone. How the f### was I to know there would be a 50 percent charge? So this brand new phone that I was trying to donate is now going to waste? Serves me right for trying to do a good deed. Never again. I am disgusted. I can only hope cepi can convince these people it was a gift and not a purchase; if it even matters anymore.
What I want to try to say is that this is just a very sad story.... for all of us.... Yes, that also include you, for trying to be VERY kind and even giving your NEW N9 to Cepi, and loose it

Did you try to call your or their post office? because I'm pretty sure that you could ask the package back if they didn't pay to the customs.