Active Topics

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
Originally Posted by overfloat View Post
(random example of a standard forum)
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=949196
And waste a good space on the left? No, thanks, we already have a right side space wasting colum (though I hope that even that will be a configurable option).

Posts: 610 | Thanked: 391 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ DC, USA
Originally Posted by yerga View Post
As a member of the community I ask a Hello Kitty theme. Please, give me it. I am more comfortable with that small puppet looking at me.
Hello Kitty wasn't a previously existing theme.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mullf For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by maacruz View Post
Why so many of you assume everybody knows how to do CSS?
Believe me, most people don't know, and what is more, doesn't want to know, much less be forced to.
I assumed nothing other than you can read and understand English. Believe me, when it comes to technology, I know what most people don't want to know. And it was obvious my post wasn't for them; it's a stopgap for the frustrated few remaining people who don't know what they want to know. Ya know?

Posts: 503 | Thanked: 267 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Helsinki
I myself prefer to have two things in any kind of forum:
1. Efficient use of screen width so that more information is visible
2. Dark text on light background (but not bright white background!)

Returning back a way to select the classic blue theme would make me happy.

PS. This is not the first time we have to "fight" for our "right" to use the forum in a comfortable way:
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ead.php?t=2362
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ead.php?t=3861

The Following User Says Thank You to Serge For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by mullf View Post
Hello Kitty wasn't a previously existing theme.
...and the title of thread refers to a change of forum image but the thread has somehow morphed into yet another theme debate by people who now don't come here as often.

As long as we are hi-jacking threads... I would like this forum to somehow be able to hand me a toasted English muffin when I go to it in the mornings and offer me a cup of hot cocoa at night.

...and while you're up Reggie; could you put some of those mini-marshmallows on top?

That would be lovely.

BTW, just by a show of hands. How many of you who provided almost 100 responses to this thread now find your selfs coming here more often?

Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
BTW, just by a show of hands. How many of you who provided almost 100 responses to this thread now find your selfs coming here more often?
I was going to post something to this effect this morning... but the post was full of flames that would have taken the thread off topic and i couldnt bring myself to post it.

It's a shame that this thread has been the only reason i have come to these forums since the image change.. i used to come here every few hours

I didn't like it when they merged the old sub-forums, especially the deals and buy/sell forums. Now i just find the sub-forum listing annoying because everything is so big. where we used to get 8 or more sub forums on a page,we now get 3

The Following User Says Thank You to overfloat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 610 | Thanked: 391 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ DC, USA
Originally Posted by overfloat View Post
Now i just find the sub-forum listing annoying because everything is so big.
We've GOT TO make everything BIG so that it'll be FINGER-FRIENDLY. We need BIG links so we can click them with our FINGERS and BIG text so we can cut & paste with our FINGERS!!! This site MUST be able to work with our new tablet OS, Dismantle (® nokia).

Originally Posted by mullf View Post
We've GOT TO make everything BIG so that it'll be FINGER-FRIENDLY. We need BIG links so we can click them with our FINGERS and BIG text so we can cut & paste with our FINGERS!!! This site MUST be able to work with our new tablet OS, Dismantle (® nokia).
Which comes back to my post that many people prefer to surf these forums on their computers rather than their internet tablets - you wont find me tapping out a 500 word post on my n800 on-screen keyboard.

What i would like is an alternative theme which looks good on computers, i dont think that is too much of a radical suggestion for a website

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
I personally think too much of a big deal was made with having to integrate the two websites. Ive had all three tablets and Ive been just fine using two websites....HOLY S**T...BOOKMARKS!?!? What are those??

The Following User Says Thank You to munky261 For This Useful Post:
I like the new forum. I have been coming to this forum daily for about 2 years...I like having the lighter style and also the minimalistic theme...just my 2 cents

The Following User Says Thank You to jandmdickerson For This Useful Post: