Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by opensourcehero View Post
Hello!

3. This is more of a feature request (that I will add to the wiki as well). I have noticed there was no option in settings to record skype calls. Now I have the cheapest plan from T-mobile and I like to conserve my shared minutes (which are shared by 5 people) by using skype as an alternative to cellular calls. I like to be able to record skype calls as well.

Thank you all in advance for your help.
Can anyone help with this? - Can Recaller record Skype calls, either automatically or manually?

Posts: 97 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Planet Earth
Originally Posted by Maeman View Post
Can anyone help with this? - Can Recaller record Skype calls, either automatically or manually?
The answer is yes.
Skype or any other calls, are just calls and will be recorded.
Just try it.

Posts: 131 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Europe
I've noticed that some phone calls are recorded correctly from ringing to hangup, whereas for some of them the recording starts a few seconds after the conversation is already ongoing, or record a few seconds after the hangup. What could be the reason for this?

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Czech Republic
Recaller widget after the installation is not in the menu area, or displayed on the desktop.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by kevin00 View Post
Recaller widget after the installation is not in the menu area, or displayed on the desktop.
No, but it appears on the list of widgets. You need to add it to the desktop manually.

There is one problem that I've found with it though. When a phone call is placed while the device is in mass storage mode, it does not record anything (as expected!), but then keeps popping up a yellow banner "recording since..." every time you switch to the desktop. Another call after disconnecting from mass storage is recorded, but the pop-ups do not go away. I've had a situation when I had them for days until I lost patience and rebooted the phone.

EDIT: I finally found the time to read the whole thread. It turns out the bug described in the above paragraph has been noted before (4 different links).

EDIT 2: I've also found that when you ring up someone but hang up before the other party answers, recaller continues recording until you start and finish another call. This bug has not been noted but I assume it's just a different manifestation of the same thing.

Last edited by pichlo; 2013-01-06 at 21:13.

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Czech Republic
The manual addition I know I can work with applications I already had it installed. Now my phone after the factory settings and I recorded only CSSU Beta and still not working. It seems to be installed, but the possibilities of adding widgets to the desktop menu is not. I do not know how to force application "is displayed".