Notices

Originally Posted by RobbieThe1st View Post
It takes a copy of the -entire- os -as it stands-. This means that all programs, config, settings, what-have-you are saved. This also means, however, that if you have a corrupt file or other problem -before- you back it up, you will have it -after- you restore that backup, too.
as far as i nkow all my files are good an no problems that i can see , any ways to check that you know off !

is the program in app manager yet !

It's working great and I came to say THANK YOU. It's a long time now I'm waiting for something like this (imaging/cloning/ghosting my N900).

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
At c), i didn't mean allow user to select folder, I meant only searching a subfolder. If I want to arhive a backup, remove it from the menu, I have to move it off the card or kill the extension. It would be easier and neater if the backup path would include a folder, like osso backup dues, it uses /backup/

Thanks for the info and the upload. And, the version from the repos works fine (.48-3). Didn't restore yet, because it didn't break yet, but backups are consistent in size and structure.

Do you plan on pushing a known-good version to testing, so we can revert if the alpha -devel breaks for any reason? (I know the .deb is available on the forum).

ETA: I had a thought. If you are on Linux, could you make a bin with the PR1.3 and backupmenu embedded, so it can be used for easy recovery?

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Last edited by ndi; 2010-10-31 at 12:08.

Originally Posted by ndi View Post
At c), i didn't mean allow user to select folder, I meant only searching a subfolder. If I want to arhive a backup, remove it from the menu, I have to move it off the card or kill the extension. It would be easier and neater if the backup path would include a folder, like osso backup dues, it uses /backup/

Thanks for the info and the upload. And, the version from the repos works fine (.48-3). Didn't restore yet, because it didn't break yet, but backups are consistent in size and structure.

Do you plan on pushing a known-good version to testing, so we can revert if the alpha -devel breaks for any reason? (I know the .deb is available on the forum).

ETA: I had a thought. If you are on Linux, could you make a bin with the PR1.3 and backupmenu embedded, so it can be used for easy recovery?
Hi ndi,

When you say "make a bin", do you mean a file that could be restored with offical flasher? I know you are asking to the developer, I just want to understand better.

Thanks

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Yes. Once flashed, I need to install rootsh. That means wifi. That means keypass, link, download, install. After that, it was a matter of login to forum, recover the thread, download the tar, expand, copy, chmod. Then a restore.

Not a whole load of work, but for people developing or debugging a crash this takes hours in reiterations. A flased image would be helpful:

Pop kbd, hold U, flash. At end of flash, phone reboots, kbd still open. Choose restore. Done.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

[QUOTE=

edit: And now, we wait. V0.49-2's in the queue.[/QUOTE]

im still waiting for this version ¬¬

Originally Posted by stevomanu View Post
im still waiting for this version ¬¬
If the only change in this new version is about the error concerning the file inside /tmp (socket) there is no hurry. Any file inside /tmp is not important anyway. You can just ignore this error and keep using 0.48 until 0.49 is released.

Originally Posted by joelteixeira View Post
If the only change in this new version is about the error concerning the file inside /tmp (socket) there is no hurry. Any file inside /tmp is not important anyway. You can just ignore this error and keep using 0.48 until 0.49 is released.
thanks but its my first time using this app so will wait for latist version should be up today im sure !

Originally Posted by RobbieThe1st View Post
Yes and no. The current version is signifigantly different than the v0.32 that you were working on.

The code for the bootmenu-n900 launch code I -will- take, however.
It looks like I can just replace my current /etc/bootmenu-n900/backupmenu.item with:
Code:
ITEM_NAME="BackupMenu"
ITEM_ID="flash"
ITEM_LINUXRC="/usr/share/backupmenu/BackupMenuLauncher.item"
If it works, I'll add it to the next upload.
Edit: Nope, it doesn't. I made sure "#!/bin/sh" was the first line in the above file, but it just hangs at "loading *file* from flash"

edit 2:
I'm not sure if the autobuilder took my script or not. It said it did, but it hasn't appeared in the build list yet and the server is SLOW. It may be down or caught in a loop or something.
sorry, ITEM_LINUXRC doesnt work in current bootmenu-n900. I have fixed version of bootmenu in bzr: https://code.launchpad.net/~pali/+junk/maemo_bootmenu

if fixed version of bootmenu will be in repository I write again...

Originally Posted by stevomanu View Post
thanks but its my first time using this app so will wait for latist version should be up today im sure !
That's okay. But just to make it clear... the error is because one file inside /tmp. And the solution was remove all the unecessary /tmp folder from backup.

So both 0.48 and 0.49 will keep ignoring this file.

Tags
backup, backupmenu, cssusupplement, max(useful), rescue-console, restore, system