Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Originally Posted by Seb Per View Post
it would be interesting to know the trade off = we,are delayed by 3% but we increase quality by 10%
3% delay? Hmmm...

Posts: 269 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Mara View Post
3% delay? Hmmm...
that was a theoretical example. 30 weeks project , 1 week delay = 3,33 %

Posts: 373 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Ottawa, ON
that was a theoretical example. 30 weeks project , 1 week delay = 3,33 %

All depends what your baseline for time is ... if it is the beginning of the Universe then a week delay is even more insignificant ;]

Regardless ... put your lynching pitchforks away people! What would be more annoying: Nokia lying and giving fabricated deadlines and slipping them or Nokia giving a vague estimate because they honestly don't know and people getting frustrated over their own fabricated deadlines?

They should be telling people what most of the rest of the Open Source world uses as a mantra ... "it will be ready when it is ready".

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
it would be interesting to know the trade off = we,are delayed by 3% but we increase quality by 10%
I'm willing to bet it's even better than that.

Originally Posted by mwiktowy View Post
All depends what your baseline for time is ... if it is the beginning of the Universe then a week delay is even more insignificant ;]

Regardless ... put your lynching pitchforks away people! What would be more annoying: Nokia lying and giving fabricated deadlines and slipping them or Nokia giving a vague estimate because they honestly don't know and people getting frustrated over their own fabricated deadlines?

They should be telling people what most of the rest of the Open Source world uses as a mantra ... "it will be ready when it is ready".
i agree. the baseline would be duration of the project.

for the rest it s rather an issue of fair communication than efficient project management.

Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
yes, but just hope the delay is not worse than that.
hell no one in multimedia replying to my sms. how busy they must be.

Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
QUIT TEASING US YOU HORRIFIC TEMPTOR OF TECHNOLOGY!

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Italy
I know this has already been told before, but I want to express my disappointment for the lack of informations given by Nokia. At least, up to today, we had a milestone which we supposed to be respected like Nokia had in the past.

Now we even do not know when the update wwill be released but can only wonder.

A brief apologize from Nokia would be the minimum to expect (not that I really think tehy'll write it anywhere).

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
You know, those of you on the maemo distribution list could leave feedback...

Originally Posted by maxilogan View Post
I know this has already been told before, but I want to express my disappointment for the lack of informations given by Nokia. At least, up to today, we had a milestone which we supposed to be respected like Nokia had in the past.

Now we even do not know when the update wwill be released but can only wonder.

A brief apologize from Nokia would be the minimum to expect (not that I really think tehy'll write it anywhere).
but they have been delayed more than once. n95, n92, ...
i agree communication skills are not their strong point.
this being said, this forrum is an excellent feedback source for improvement. so all complains welcome.