Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Luleå, Sweden
Thanks! That worked like a charm!

/oxpo

Posts: 235 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Costa Rica
Excellent!

I discover this app browsing the Ovi store. I installed it from a .deb file and it works perfect.

It is of great help when in 2.5G.

I've got a question: it is not intended to be promoted into extras? I did not see where I can "thumb up" this package here.

Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by lsolano View Post
Excellent!

I discover this app browsing the Ovi store. I installed it from a .deb file and it works perfect.

It is of great help when in 2.5G.

I've got a question: it is not intended to be promoted into extras? I did not see where I can "thumb up" this package here.
As you probably noticed you have to pay to get the application from ovi ($1). I have decided to have it here as an option for people in this great community that don't want or can't pay for it. It is also my way of saying thanks to anybody willing to help test and improve it.

Also, It is clear to me extras is not the place for non-free (as in source code not available) applications. Just one example to justify my conclusion: my other application, MyContacts, has been for almost two months in extras-testing and so far has only two votes. I can only assume is due to being non-free (as was explained to me by other members) since it has been downloaded over 200k times...

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
I'd like to know if the version in the maemo repositories will be more up to date than the version in the OVI store ?

I was planning to remove MobWebMail (downloaded from devel) and buy the OVI version just to contribute with the developer, however If the devel version will be kept for long time free but more updated, I just prefer to keep it and send a donation.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lsolano For This Useful Post:
I'd like to know if the version in the maemo repositories will be more up to date than the version in the OVI store ?

I was planning to remove MobWebMail (downloaded from devel) and buy the OVI version just to contribute with the developer, however If the devel version will be kept for long time free but more updated, I just prefer to keep it and send a donation.
Right now the "version" in the Ovi Store is newer. There weren't any new features so I didn't update the one on extras-devel.

Most likely they will be in sync. I will try to update this thread any time I have a new version on either repository.

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network

Last edited by fcrochik; 2011-05-14 at 15:46.

The Following User Says Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
Hi all,
Not sure if anybody experienced it or not as I tried to go through several pages and used search ... whenever I open app , it also opens gmail site with some kind of notification...page stays blank... it happens every single time I use this app...
Not a big deal, but annoys the crap out of me thanx

Originally Posted by vittoriob4 View Post
Hi all,
Not sure if anybody experienced it or not as I tried to go through several pages and used search ... whenever I open app , it also opens gmail site with some kind of notification...page stays blank... it happens every single time I use this app...
Google has changed the web site and now it includes a call to a URL that is being filtered out by mobwebmail as not belonging to gmail - that is why you get a new window every time you start mobwebmail.

I haven't had the chance to study what has changed other than the obvious "top bar" but it seems that the goal for this new page is to store information offline (what may be very interesting for us if I can implement).

I have a new version that I will publish soon that will ignore this "call" without opening the default browser - I will upload it soon.

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

Last edited by fcrochik; 2011-07-04 at 02:47.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by vittoriob4 View Post
Hi all,
I confirm this is happening.

Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
I confirm this is happening.
i facing the same problem

get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos

Originally Posted by fcrochik View Post
Google has changed the web site and now it includes a call to a URL that is being filtered out by mobwebmail as not belonging to gmail - that is why you get a new window every time you start mobwebmail.

I haven't had the chance to study what has changed other than the obvious "top bar" but it seems that the goal for this new page is to store information offline (what may be very interesting for us if I can implement).

I have a new version that I will publish soon that will ignore this "call" without opening the default browser - I will upload it soon.
Thanx... now I know this is not just my n900 acting up

Tags
gmail