Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 398 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ USA
Originally Posted by slender View Post
- Video list items are taller than in old cutetube. Why?
- Make menu popup window consisten with settings window (transparent black background).
support
The visual customization of this great app can be easily change by edit the right file at "/opt/usr/share/qmltube/qml/qmltube/".

For example making menu popup window more consistent with settings window (transparent black background). We can simply reverse the color by edit file MenuDelegate.qml

Code:
Rectangle {
    id: delegate

signal delegateClicked(int index)

width: delegate.ListView.view.width
    height: 40
    color: "white"  ------> change this to black

Text {
        id: titleText
        elide: Text.ElideRight
        text: name
        color: "black"  ------> change this to white

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to khuong For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
To make it transparent, you would also need to change the opacity. If you decide to do this, be aware that a child item inherits the opacity value from its parent. Lowering the opacity of the delegate will also lower the opacity of the text. To have a black transparent delegate with fully opaque white text would require

Code:
Item {
    id: delegate

signal delegateClicked(int index)

width: delegate.ListView.view.width
    height: 40

Rectangle {
        id: background

anchors.fill: delegate
        color: "black"
        opacity: 0.5 // or some other value
    }

Text {
        id: titleText

elide: Text.ElideRight
        text: name
        color: "white"
        font.pixelSize: standardFontSize
        anchors.fill: delegate
        horizontalAlignment: Text.AlignHCenter
        verticalAlignment: Text.AlignVCenter
    }
}

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2011-04-06 at 12:27.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by eme View Post
i installted the QT Mobility 1.1 and now it works ....

i'm confused why the needed packages wasn' installed automatically...
QtMobilty 1.1 is not required for this application. However, I did forget to remove an import path to qtm11 that I needed for attempting to use the QML video component. That path is now removed, so you can uninstall QtMobility 1.1 if you wish.

I have also fixed the bug that resulted in a blank screen for some search results.

My website

GitHub

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
I reduced the maximum flick velocity, as the default setting seemed too sensitive to me. I'm open to changing it, based on feedback from users.
Hmm. Not sure what that means, but scrolling speed should be in par with velocity speed of flick. Not just constant speed scrolling. Or letīs say that it should be possible to scroll tiny-winy faster or accelerate scrolling Actually.. any link for all variables that control flick scrolling speed. (drag distance, drag velocity, drag+drag->more speed, possibility to give more and more speed to list scrolling)

Video list items are only as tall as they need to be to accommodate the thumbnail.
Weird, in old Cutetube thumbs are little smaller and list items couple of pixels thinner (good to point when itīs making clicking items harder, currently IMO items in list are bit too tall so pixels could be used more effectively)

This is very subjective, but I prefer the buttons as they are, and this application will be cross platform, so consistency with Symbian is important (it's the largest market for this application).
So I thought Letīs make this killer app for that platform. Or at least I hope that you get nice feedback from here that helps you

This is under consideration, and would require that raising the menu be treated the same as raising a dialog (i.e. dim the background). I would then also implement the ability to dismiss the menu by clicking outside of it.
Sounds good. Would make it more professional.

I don't really like the idea of having different actions within each list item. It would be annoying to accidentally click the thumbnail and start playback.
Hmm. Yes itīs true that there is possibility to launch it by accident, but the area what you normally use for scrolling makes it quite unlikely (for right handed user in portrait). By adding overlay playbutton makes it also obvious to end user that what happens if you click just thumb. IMO normally user just want to search and quickly make it possible to just play video. (Iīm a bit freak when it comes to counting taps to make something happen what I actually want)

I'm not qualified to offer a technical explanation, but I think this is simply a performance issue with the device (perhaps partly due to lack of vsync). I will be testing on an N8 soon, so it will be interesting to observe any differences in performance. Generally, visual elements are only loaded where necessary (there are a couple of exceptions), so I don't think there is much more I can do to optimise performance. You may have noticed that the lists containing simple delegates are not really affected. It is the busier views that contain more elements that suffer from some slowdown (Video Info view is the worst affected).
I already thought that this might be the case.

I promise this option will remain.
Thank you. Until you implement player that is better than kmplayer gui and gives us possibility to multi-task with cutetube

Overall freaking nice job dude! Itīs amazing how long you have come with this little app.Btw. are you using youtube API or are you parsing pages or both?

Last edited by slender; 2011-04-06 at 14:08.

.edit
Scrolling/animations are slower in portrait than in landscape. Can someone confirm this.
Yep it is.

Otherwise very nice.

I don't like the QML list scrolling behaviour very much. Also it does not feel like velvet yet, seems like QML scene graph is needed..

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 398 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ USA
To make the popup menu to auto-retract after few sec. by edit function toggleMenu(), it's located in all the files which name has view on it like HomeView, UserVideoView..etc..

add 1 line "menuTimer.running=true;" to this function

Code:
    function toggleMenu() {
        /* Toggle the state of the menu */

if (menuLoader.source == "") {
            menuLoader.source = "MenuList.qml";
             menuTimer.running = true; ------->added
        }
        else {
            menuLoader.item.state = "";
            menuTimer.running = true;
        }
    }

then roll down a little bit and look for:
(note: there are several timer on the same page, make sure change the one which contains onTriggered: menuLoader.source = "")

Code:
          Timer {
                id: menuTimer

interval: 600 --------> change to 3000
                onTriggered: menuLoader.source = ""
            }

Marxian, please add this auto-rectract thing to the next version...it won't take long to change...only like 6 files.... Thanks!

Last edited by khuong; 2011-04-06 at 14:26.

The Following User Says Thank You to khuong For This Useful Post:
Posts: 136 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
I have also fixed the bug that resulted in a blank screen for some search results.
confirmed, thank you

The Following User Says Thank You to mooglez For This Useful Post:
Hmm. Not sure what that means, but scrolling speed should be in par with velocity speed of flick. Not just constant speed scrolling. Or letīs say that it should be possible to scroll tiny-winy faster or accelerate scrolling Actually.. any link for all variables that control flick scrolling speed. (drag distance, drag velocity, drag+drag->more speed, possibility to give more and more speed to list scrolling)
I am using the ListView element, but the relevent variables are inherited from the Flickable element: http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.7-snapshot/qml-flickable.html

Btw. are you using youtube API or are you parsing pages or both?
The YouTube API is used for all except video download/playback. The main difference from the 'old' version is that I am handling all HTTP requests myself using QNetworkAccessManager, rather than using an existing library. This enables me to respond quickly to changes in the API (e.g. some libraries still use the old 5 star rating system). It is only necessary to parse the video web page to obtain the URL for playback/download, since the API does not provide these URLs (only a link to SWF and low quality .3gp stream).

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by khuong View Post
Marxian, please add this auto-rectract thing to the next version...it won't take long to change...only like 6 files.... Thanks!
It's a good idea. I'll add it for the next update.

My website

GitHub

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Just in case anyone else has this problem - I was unable to start qmltube. It would give a black screen then crash back to desktop. Running it from the terminal revealed that the libqt4-declarative package was missing so a quick "apt-get install libqt4-declarative" fixed it.

Might want to consider adding that as a dependency.

-DJ

Tags
cutetube, marxian = god, marxian legend, son of a gun, son of douche, son of fail, son of god, youtube