Active Topics

Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
I still use my N900 as my main phone.

As a telephone, it's alright. No more worse than the N97 I still have gathering dust and probably neck and neck with the legendary N95 which I still use as an alarm clock lol.

My only wish for the N900 is to be able to search contacts and the media player in landscape mode with the keyboard closed. In both instances AFAIK, you have to have the keyboard open.

Originally Posted by razefox View Post
This is the worst thread I ever saw and it's absolutely pointless too.
Close this before it gets more attention.
Am I the only one that has the impression that there
is something strange going on here?
There are some folks that only post 1 posting ( http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...24&postcount=1 ) just for saying
"I will leave" or just 11 Postings to ask if TMO is dying.

Are these LSD("leave_sick_die")-posters paid by some Andoid corp? ;-)
Or by Mr MS Elop?

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 732 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by PMaff View Post
Am I the only one that has the impression that there
is something strange going on here?
There are some folks that only post 1 posting ( http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...24&postcount=1 ) just for saying
"I will leave" or just 11 Postings to ask if TMO is dying.

Are these LSD("leave_sick_die")-posters paid by some Andoid corp? ;-)
Or by Mr MS Elop?
yeah. The same guys shot kennedy and faked the moon landing :P

Originally Posted by timoph View Post
yeah. The same guys shot kennedy and faked the moon landing :P
...and pretended to have shot Osama....

Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
EDIT: I'm listening to The Rolling Stones now.
I'm tethering mine to my laptop at the moment because I'm staying in a hotel in Penzance (for work) and listening to:

Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow (fronted by Joe Lynn Turner)

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Acidspunk View Post
Harsh. Come on Dan, what opinions? This thread serves no purpose. Besides, it's not like he's lying.
I didn't say he was wrong or right--I merely pointed out the blaring irony. In truth, if the moderation is his problem and he prefers a tightly regulated forum--why isn't he hanging out at the far more white-washed meego.org?
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Originally Posted by PMaff View Post
...and pretended to have shot Osama....
...and secretly dropped into the ocean!
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Osama Bin Laden View Post
and yet, im still here..
and i love rolling stones
Thinking of Osama, N900, budget in the USA and worldwide:
"You Canīt Always Get What You Want"
http://www.myvideo.de/watch/5919534/..._What_You_Want

its time to say goodbye maemo.org, goodbye N900.
R.I.P. Meego.

Don't hope to much .... you can choose between Android or iOS ... thats sad! :/

Originally Posted by JamesBond@ge View Post
Thanks very much for that Dan! I couldn't have hoped for a better Droid / Milestone mentor tbh. I'm gonna keep a note of your post. I'm just researching the phone at the moment but I think your post has pretty much swayed me.

I never knew it was their (at the the time) flagship phone. I assumed it more a mid-range phone for some reason.

With regards to the mods, hacks and roms.....I think I read somewhere that the UK version Milestone has a locked Bootloader which is unbreakable or something along them lines?

I'm assuming that because it is around the same age as the N900, that they aren't being newly produced anymore. I've kinda settled on getting a second hand one from somewhere anyway so that doesn't bother me.

Argh, I had a few other questions that I've forgotten :-/. I might have to annoy you over the next few months Dan with the odd question here and there! :-)
Forgot to respond to this post! Glad I could help!

I don't think the locked bootloader makes (or at least didn't make) a difference. I see lots of sites about how to root it and flash a new ROM on it anyway. :P (i.e. http://voidweb.com/2010/10/root-and-...g-android-2-1/). I know Motorola has changed their stance on this some time ago, too... so they likely disabled it already, maybe.

Feel free to hang out over at the "Epic Android Thread" to ask questions from any of us Android experienced folks (reading through the threads might also give you an idea of where to find some great apps to get, too) or to just note me anytime with questions, seeing as how I've got a Motorola Droid and they are very, very similar devices.

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada rox, buysomethinelse, doomsday, merge, op braindead?, pls delete, winding down