Active Topics

Posts: 98 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ Manila
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
As soon as someone tell me how to mount ext4 loopback image under windows I will make a windows version
wow this is great,no need to replace my n900 for another phone....thanks mate

Originally Posted by marbleuser View Post
with regards to the camera not working, would installing the fcam drivers make any difference , i.e. do they bypass the need to use the ordinary drivers?
I'm using fcam drivers and I can take pictures, but video recording doesn't work. When I try to record, camera application crashes and then I also lose ability to take pictures.

I also can't play freemangordon's 720p video, nor this one, which I downloaded (720p mp4 file) to my PC. I tried his settings.

Last edited by kolos; 2011-09-26 at 22:19.

Thanks. I found upstream TI bridge project on http://omapedia.org/wiki/DSPBridge_Project

So upstream git repository should be here: http://dev.omapzoom.org/?p=tidspbrid...-dspbridge.git

And upstream libbridge.so.2 library here: http://dev.omapzoom.org/?p=tidspbrid...api/src/bridge

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kolos View Post
I'm using fcam drivers and I can take pictures, but video recording doesn't work. When I try to record, camera application crashes and then I also lose ability to take pictures.

I also can't play freemangordon's 720p video, nor this one, which I downloaded (720p mp4 file) to my PC. I tried his settings.
yes, unfortunately a similar FAIL from me.

overclocked dsp to 600, cpu @ 1000 , copied files in place, downloaded the youtube video you mentioned via cutetube-qml@720p and it attempted to play it, but just show a series of still images, changing every few seconds. used kmplayer and gst-launch.

it's certainly not working for some people.

Originally Posted by kolos View Post

That youtube video has h264 high profile,CABAC.
wouldn't that be a bit too much to ask.

It would be nice if someone would make a dsp overclock on demand script or so based on dropped frames/load.
What are the possibilities of doing so?
What if the main cpu clock remains stock and oc dsp alone,how does it affect performance?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leomax For This Useful Post:
How to overclock dsp?

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ India
anybody help...while using VMware with ubuntu image...iget following error..
umount: /tmp/n950loop: not mounted
loop: can't delete device /tmp/n950loop: No such device or address
Compiling binaries
rootfextr.c:7:23: fatal error: lzo/lzo1x.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
Unable to compile rootfextr, make sure you have liblzo2-dev package installed

Originally Posted by knobby View Post
anybody help...while using VMware with ubuntu image...iget following error..
umount: /tmp/n950loop: not mounted
loop: can't delete device /tmp/n950loop: No such device or address
Compiling binaries
rootfextr.c:7:23: fatal error: lzo/lzo1x.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
Unable to compile rootfextr, make sure you have liblzo2-dev package installed
+1:confuse d:

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
@knobby : what exactly is not clear in this "Unable to compile rootfextr, make sure you have liblzo2-dev package installed". Solution is as simple as:
"sudo apt-get install liblzo2-dev"
And make sure you have at least 8 Gb free on your filesystem (ask google on how to check free space in linux)

@all having problems - please re-read the first post. If you still don't understand what and how, then leave that until it is ready for one-click-install.

And please, do not expect that n900 will be able to play 720p h264 high-profile CABAC neither 1080p on any profile.

If you are unable to play example video from the first post on your desktop, then check your codecs, video is DivX4 coded. For example KMPlayer plays it on my laptop, while I use WMP 11 on my desktop, KMPlayer refuses to play it.

@Pali - what you have found is not what I have used to build libbridge.s0.2, see may previous post.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
gst-launch-0.10 playbin2 uri=file:///home/user/MyDocs/test.avi

-sh: gst-launch-0.10:not found

?

Tags
balls, gpl violation, hackjobs, lgpl violation, nokia, upgrade..., video player