Notices

Posts: 697 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Hillerød, DK
Originally Posted by tortoisedoc View Post
Hmm what's the "X" at the bottom?
That's a 'curtain' and behind there is a button to remove messages! This 'x' disappears when the Quickbar is placed correct in the bottom but still you can see it a second before Quickbar appears in botton.

Last edited by Garp; 2013-10-09 at 07:09.

Originally Posted by Garp View Post
That's a 'curtain' and behind there is a button to remove messages! This 'x' disappears when the Quickbar is placed correct in the bottom but still you can see it a second before Quickbar appears in botton.
Curtain? What sorcery is this?

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

Curtain? What sorcery is this?
'Red Cross': activate and a remove button will show up and draw and suck you down directly to hell!

Last edited by Garp; 2013-10-09 at 08:50.

Posts: 1,552 | Thanked: 3,108 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Russia, 96
tortoisedoc
thanks for update I think you should contact with CODeRUS - he knows how to start applications without upstart-time delay

@tortoisedoc

It's really bad with new version of Quickbar both as mentioned in #89 (and #68) which now returned once more and then also the safe mode issue as in #70.
Again no connetion now between ProfileMatic and Quickbar and I haven't the problem in version 1.0.1
Unfortunately I haven't updated from v1.0.1 to the other versions before 1.0.7 so dont now how long the problems have existed?

How to delete the app: it's running permanently and then not to remove!

Last edited by Garp; 2013-10-09 at 17:23.

@tortoisedoc

It's really bad with new version of Quickbar both as mentioned in #89 (and #68) which now returned once more and then also the safe mode issue as in #70.
Again no connetion now between ProfileMatic and Quickbar and I haven't the problem in version 1.0.1
Unfortunately I haven't updated from v1.0.1 to the other versions before 1.0.7 so dont now how long the problems have existed?

How to delete the app: it's running permanently and then not to remove!
Thanks for your feedback.

Did you tweak your N9 (N9Tweak, etc)? Does this happen all the time for you, no matter what? if you reboot the phone in portrait mode, and keep it in it until reboot is done, does it still occour?

From 1.0.1 it went to 1.0.7 straight away.
There is only one way to stop this; you kill it from terminal.
In next release, I will add a setting to stop it from autostarting.

Functionality for screen locking has not been changed in between releases. So if the bug is still there (and relates to it), it was there in 1.0.1 too.

Is anyone else experiencing the same?

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

Thanks for your feedback.

Did you tweak your N9 (N9Tweak, etc)? Does this happen all the time for you, no matter what? if you reboot the phone in portrait mode, and keep it in it until reboot is done, does it still occour?

Yes I have some tweaks from N9 and I have Faster N9. It occours every time, yes.

From 1.0.1 it went to 1.0.7 straight away.
There is only one way to stop this; you kill it from terminal.
In next release, I will add a setting to stop it from autostarting.

OK but which command in terminal? Because apt-get remove quickbar didn't work.

Functionality for screen locking has not been changed in between releases. So if the bug is still there (and relates to it), it was there in 1.0.1 too.

OK!

Is anyone else experiencing the same?
But I needed to restore my N9 from Backupmenu, but only 'home'
Even if the backup was from before updating Quickbar to v1.0.7 meaning with v1.0.1 it is v.1.0.7 which is installed now! So v1.0.1 is gone for good.
First boot I need to manually start quickbar and it works.
Next time after reboot Quickbar open auto
Third time now Quickbar open auto.
(Maybe I was too fast first time?)
So right now it works - let's see how long!

Edit: and that was not long only a few hours before the red safe mode showed up again without reboot and then after reboot same as above #89!!

Last edited by Garp; 2013-10-10 at 00:18.

To kill it from terminal :
1 ) start terminal
2 ) type killall -9 lancia
3 ) when ready press enter.

The Following User Says Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post:
Removed Quickbar yesterday (was permanent sitting useless in left upper corner as shown) but got suddenly a red safe mode button this morning instead of coderus ui - after reboot it's gone. So red safe button could be due to other bugs too, dont know!

Last edited by Garp; 2013-10-10 at 06:07.

Removed Quickbar yesterday (was permanent sitting useless in left upper corner as shown) but got suddenly a red safe mode button this morning instead of coderus ui - after reboot it's gone. So red safe button could be due to other bugs too, dont know!
Sounds likely .
Can I ask you to share here :
a) a list of your tweaks
b) a list of non - standard configurations you have made to your N9.

I know coderus's Unrestricted SysUI is one, but which are the others?
The goal is to get my n9 to behave like yours and then test Quickbar on it.

The Following User Says Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post: