Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
http://www.ubergizmo.com/2012/08/jolla-concept-phone/
So I guess there would be 2 models i.e. one for left handed people also and I would guess the apps ui would be like a wheel where you are viewing a portion of that wheel and they spin clockwise.

Last edited by aironeous; 2012-08-15 at 22:51.

Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
I can understand your point. But the discussion shows me just people who understand very well that JollaOS is based on Mer, which is based on MeeGo, therefore JollaOS is based on MeeGo by "inheritance". There seems to be one guy who seems to be concerned about the copyright of the name "MeeGo" and that it shouldn't be use by Jolla because there is no permission from Linux Foundation.

Granted, I did not have the time nor patience to read any but few dozen of the comments. But if the rest is the same, I find this discussion silly.
One editor there thinks that Jolla means that they use some parts of MeeGo which aren't in Mer:

Third, Jolla has declared their work connections with MeeGo and Mer - what is straightly against your thesis.

"We are going to do a new user interface. Selecting MeeGo enables us to do something new." and "So we will make a new user interface; of course we will inherit the familiar and powerful elements that MeeGo has, as we know it now(...)" from http://www.intomobile.com/2012/07/11...ext-available/.
---
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
Wikipedia should be "for the common man". MeeGo based is the more recognizable term and should be used in the article. Mer should also be referenced, but erasing MeeGo for Mer would not serve the "general public" IMO.
Wikipedia should be for any man even for those who have no background in the subject described in the article. Therefore Wikipedia needs to be as correct as possible, without using confusing and ambiguous statements. "Meego based" is confusing enough, given complex history of Meego and multitude of meanings that name can now have (Meego project, "Meego instances" developed by some vendors, Harmattan which Nokia called Meego, general experience of the Meego developers and so on and so forth. It's more than confusing without explanation). Saying Mer based is very clear and to the point, since it narrows down the phrase to technical derivation from the Mer project (article of which is referenced right there). Historic relation with Meego is explained as well.

Look at how the article presents it now:

Jolla Oy[1] (internationally Jolla Ltd., commonly called Jolla Mobile in many sources) is an independent Finland-based company to design, develop and sell smartphones with a mobile operating system based on MeeGo and the core of Mer which is based on the previous work of the MeeGo project.
The reader easily gets the idea that based on MeeGo is one thing, and based on Mer is something in addition. That's what's incorrect I think. Wikipedia should avoid such ambiguity.

Last edited by shmerl; 2012-08-16 at 05:03.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
jolla should not put any buttons to the phone, i think thats one of the strength of the OS.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
During last Friday meeting I handed the list of questions to Stskeeps (Mer project leader, working for Jolla) as SD69 wasn't available and I don't know if he already talked to them. Now I'm waiting for a response from him.
Thanks for the update,

Would've been better if you gave him the Google doc link, it's a live doc & there's changes being made occasionally.
There's at least several things that have been added/clarified since you handed that hard-copy to him.

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Thanks for the update,

Would've been better if you gave him the Google doc link, it's a live doc & there's changes being made occasionally.
There's at least several things that have been added/clarified since you handed that hard-copy to him.
I gave him the link .

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Stop with the talking about "the link" in 3rd person without providing it.

Page one, two, 3,.. whatever I give up and can't remember.

Last edited by aironeous; 2012-08-16 at 07:10.

Originally Posted by aironeous View Post
Stop with the talking about "the link" in 3rd person without providing it.

Page one, two, 3,.. whatever I give up and can't remember.
Huh???
It's been shared many times, including roughly around the times you've posted.
Plus how hard is it to back-track a bit, or do some searching? Anyway here it is.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
>
Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
One editor there thinks that Jolla means that they use some parts of MeeGo which aren't in Mer:
>The reader easily gets the idea that based on MeeGo is one thing, >and based on Mer is something in addition. That's what's incorrect I >think. Wikipedia should avoid such ambiguity.
I believe (from personal standpoint) that Jolla is based on Mer/Nemo, that in turn are based on Meego, so it is mostly about inheritance.

Br,
//Harri

Originally Posted by harha View Post
>

I believe (from personal standpoint) that Jolla is based on Mer/Nemo, that in turn are based on Meego, so it is mostly about inheritance.

Br,
//Harri
Yes, Jolla answered that.

Jolla's MeeGo UI is ready to go - and it's on the hunt for mobile talent
http://www.zdnet.com/jollas-meego-ui...nt-7000002728/
This is all sounding too good to be true, it aint right, he's got to be exaggerating a bit.

Tags
jolla, jolla on topic, jollamobile, meego, merproject, nokia, nokian9, professionals, speculations, tizenjolla