Active Topics

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 707 times | Joined on May 2015 @ Italy
Originally Posted by mautz View Post
Should be a missing package. Is the package mtp-vendor-configuration-sailfish installed? Just a wild guess.
It was not installed. I installed it, however MTP is still not working. In the meanwhile I use WinSCP.

News on the call related issues.

I had an other idea too about the root cause because, on wip0.16 where the issue was identified, I remembered for some apks I allowed to run as a background process. So booted back into wip0.16 and removed this setting for all apps. Then tested the calls. It worked the same crappy way. Then I uninstalled linphone completely but that didn't solve the issue either. I have a feeling that even if I removed all apks and AD completely would not solve the issue on this build. Again, this was on wip0.16.

Then I installed the latest build (wip0.19) then tested the calls. Worked fine. Then installed AD only on it and tested calls. Worked fine. Then installed some apps (whatsapp, telegram, messenger lite, opera mini + others) and configured them, then tested the calls again. Still worked fine.
On wip0.19 I have not installed linphone at all. (I am about to test that too just didn't want to mess up my working rom.)

It seems the problem might related to the AD or linphone or a different .pa file in wip0.16, but is definitely solved in wip0.19.

Now, the only real remaining issue (unless you find something else too ) is the video recording.

On the two extra packages (connman-tools and timed-qt5) that we manually need to install/refresh to get the bluetooth and date & time change work, I will try to include these into the next build.
As this will be the only difference, if you already are using wip0.19, doesn't make any sense to wait for and install the new build. You can simply install these two packages and you're done. (If I do any other change in the new build, will let you know anyway.)

I have updated the details in my signature too.

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
Sorry, i've forgotten, why do wen need the connman-tools package?

You could add it to jolla-configuration-hammerhead in patterns.

The Following User Says Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Sorry, i've forgotten, why do wen need the connman-tools package?

You could add it to jolla-configuration-hammerhead in patterns.
Yeah, that is my plan to add it there. And as well the timed-qt5 to see whether that will solve the date & time change issue.

The connman-tools is required for the bluetooth. The /usr/bin/bt-sleep-monitor script is using the connmanctl command from it.
Without the connman-tools, I couldn't turn on the bluetooth, but once I installed, bluetooth started to work fine.

The Following User Says Thank You to edp17 For This Useful Post:
Timed-qt5 is already installed so no need to put it in the patterns.

I think something wents wrong with it during mic build, so it has to be reinstalled after first boot.

Timed-qt5 is already installed so no need to put it in the patterns.

I think something wents wrong with it during mic build, so it has to be reinstalled after first boot.
Yes, I know that is installed that why I don't get it why the date & time change doesn't work out of the box. I also don't understand why re-installing the timed-qt5 is fixing this. That's why I thought I add into the patter to re-install and see whether that makes any difference.
Anyway, this is how it is.

Just give it a try, but i think it's not a big problem if this doesn't fix it.

Edit:How's battery life?

Just give it a try, but i think it's not a big problem if this doesn't fix it.

Edit:How's battery life?
So far, as I see, the battery life is similar to 3.0.3.9. However I have not used any battery life monitor app to see numbers. This result is purely based on how it feels in my everyday usage. (I will do test myself too once I stop tweaking/installing/compiling stuff on the phone. )
Any more thorough test is welcome.

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 707 times | Joined on May 2015 @ Italy
About battery life:
I did a simple test with the wip0.16 tonight, with airplane mode on and nothing running (except Depecher in background I think), the battery decreased of 1% only over 7 hours. It seems better than my 2.0.4.13

I'll report other tests when I'll definitely switch to this new version.

Anything to make file transfer MTP work?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to claustn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by claustn View Post
About battery life:
I did a simple test with the wip0.16 tonight, with airplane mode on and nothing running (except Depecher in background I think), the battery decreased of 1% only over 7 hours. It seems better than my 2.0.4.13

I'll report other tests when I'll definitely switch to this new version.

Anything to make file transfer MTP work?
Thank you for the battery test!

Sorry cannot suggest anything but I will try the MTP on wip0.19 for you tonight. (If I can stay awake. )

Tags
hammerhead, nexus5, sailfishos, sfdroid