Active Topics

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I know you guys wanna gang up on danramos; but there's a point in there that's being overlooked.
Me? Never

The well-known establishments have yet to obtain the Nokia N9 whereas second, third and fourth tier merchants have it in stock. It's caught me off-guard because I've been
By "well-known establishments" I assume you're referring major online retailers for North America?
I wouldn't imagine you'd be an expert on distribution/retail channels for every country/region on earth.
But you're certainly giving it a "fair crack" in your thread, & good for you for doing that!

Originally Posted by shallimus View Post
If this describes you, you should probably go and read some of the comments on this article. It cheered me up immensely. I'm assuming that the majority of the commenters there still live in their parents' basement and are in a commited relationship with their XBox 360 (Warning: contains dangerous levels of FUD and Microsoft)
As far as I'm concerned, anyone who falls in love with the N9 but thinks it's just missing WP7... deserves WP7.
I don't feel like a headache today so I'll steer well clear.
But thanks for the pointer!

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Your care is hardly relevant or necessary--your suggestion for determining how trustworthy they are was, itself, untrustworthy. Why do you think that site is
Hey chill, didn't he suggest resellerratings?
Have you honestly never heard of it?
I'm from Australia & I know of it, but it's never been very relevant to my region.
It's been around for years & years, since before even web2.0 (whatever that is).
It's been a popular place to get a rough idea of how trustworthy vendors are.
Don't know how good or bad it is nowadays, but it was a go to place yrs back.

Originally Posted by strongm View Post
Much the same in the UK, and it is beginning to look like a deliberate ploy/policy. <SNIP>
Yeah certainly smells so damn dodgy.
Esp. with what expansys was tweeting recently

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-10-25 at 18:32.

GERBICK: how's the N9!!!?? do you like it?

The Following User Says Thank You to asianmoomoo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 13 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Wuppertal, Germany
Originally Posted by smegheadz View Post
it's not a third party on amazon as far as my bad german can tell, i looked looked for that first. maybe a fluent german speaker/reader can confirm 100%
The N9 is both sold through amazon.de and some merchants using
the amazon platform.
Right now amazon.de has no stock and is only taking preorders.

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
I see that mobile hellas has listed the N9 (all colour/mem cobinations which sounds weird already - and with the extraterrestrial price of 750€ for the 64GB) and called to ask if they have it in stock. The landline diverted to an answering machine. The mobile they have on their website rang 4 times, and as I was ready to hang up (waiting for the proximity sensor to realize the N900 is not near my face anymore) I heard somebody answering 'hello' and then they hung up on me. I called again but they refused the call. Zoxir, giorgosmit have you had any experience with that store? They have pretty good prices on other nokia phones (X7, E6, but no E7 unfortunately).
I had no idea that site existed man I'll try calling them tomorrow if I find some time (and if I still remember).

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by oweng View Post
would you recommend the new samsung nexus prime as i am unaware of a nokia product which can allow me to perform this basic function?
ROTFL

this text is to small

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
The fact that the WP7 Nokia phones might not make it into the US until 2012, there's no collision. In fact, it probably wouldn't hurt sales at all.
If not US where the **** will it be released this year :O I hope NOT sweden! because that only hurts N9

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by asianmoomoo View Post
GERBICK: how's the N9!!!?? do you like it?
I like it actually. A lot.

Still learning it, testing it out, putting it through the paces.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
He loves it!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Can you guys please slow this thread down....

I couldn't help but ping an email to Mr Elop on this subject.... (stephen.elop@nokia.com)
Gah you're doing it again!!!
You're pointing-out all the things he needs to remember to block!
Please don't do that, I don't trust the guy as far as I can throw him.
While I appreciate the intent, I just don't think it's a good idea.
And no I'm not taking this tin-foil hat off!

Originally Posted by smegheadz View Post
The people in the officially announced countries seem to be able to get it from well known stores on and offline.
The 16GB is fairly easy to get here, & for a reasonable price outright.
But the 64GB is pretty damn limited, & that's really starting to piss me off.
There's only one major retailer who you can buy outright from.
Otherwise your only option is to go on contract...
And even those getting it on contract seem to be experiencing big delays.
Admittedly though I haven't been following that aspect closely.

Originally Posted by afaq View Post
I will be getting an android device with the ICS (perhaps the nexus) and running it with my N9. I'm too impatient to be loyal to one device/OS and will tolerate the short comings of Android the same way i will tolerate the shortcomings of Harmattan/N9.
I'll be doing the same no doubt

Originally Posted by afaq View Post
Elop can restrict whatever he wants but the N9 will find itself in the hands of those who want one. Unless someone is seriously challenged, WP7/800/Searay will not be considered an alternative.
I'm not attending Nokia World but can someone please throw at shoe at that man? I will start a fund for bail if any arrests are made.
Marxian, can we haz a picture of Elop with a shoe being thrown at him, k thx!

"Thanks for the note ... I believe we will be making N9's available
for general ordering in Europe through one of the Amazon sites, although supplies are very short right now given early success.
My recommendation regarding BBC is not for you to buy Android, but for us to do some work to ensure that a great BBC experience is also available on our platforms

Regards,
Stephen"
Code for:
Hmm, thanks for all the juicy reminders of how best to kill Maemo!
Originally Posted by mikemx View Post
The N9 is both sold through amazon.de and some merchants using
the amazon platform.
Right now amazon.de has no stock and is only taking preorders.
Maybe it really is just production issues (as hinted by Mece) & many of these bigger (global) resellers will start to get larger gobs of stock soon?
If true that should be reflected any day now surely, man I really hope that happens for the 64GB, & in Australia too!!

Okay I go dream sweet dreams of N9 64GB now.....

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-10-25 at 19:44.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 135 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ San Fran
I like it actually. A lot.

Still learning it, testing it out, putting it through the paces.
What carrier are u using it on here in the US?

Also are u able to get the hotspot working?

got one finally from negri. I love it btw. I think the email client is pretty nice, as far as how smooth it handles html, something android just cant seem to get right yet.

The Following User Says Thank You to warrentaye For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????