Posts: 256 | Thanked: 939 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Finland
The size was the main reason why I sold my Jolla C. My hands are not very small, at least I have long fingers. But as I feel quite comfortable using J1 onehanded while riding a bike, I couldn't do the same with Jolla C. I just couldn't reach everything on the screen by my thumb and still have a good grip of the phone.

Also I didn't like the cheap notification led and actually the more rubbish feel of the whole phone, including that soft plastic screen. Plus I almost love my Lastu TOH/leather case, which doesn't fit to JC.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Koiruus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
The continued complaints around the size; just how big is the phone in your hands?
Am I the only one feel it's slightly too small?! It's barely the minimum size I can type correctly. I don't mind a smaller one but without HW keyboard a bigger screen just make typing so much easier. I would love to try 5.2" maybe even 5.5".

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
...and there are still people trying to dismiss them Shocking, isn't it?
No. not shocking at all. In the age of smartphones and cameras on most devices, the lack of pics is alarming.

Up above is an interesting use case and consequence - while bike riding can't reach the top of the screen.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Up above is an interesting use case and consequence - while bike riding can't reach the top of the screen.
I'm not sure if you were joking or not, but this really is the case. As swiping from top to bottom is how you put the phone to sleep. It's impossible to do when keeping the phone in one hand and having a good, secure grip.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Koiruus For This Useful Post:
The rule of (the) thumb for smartphone screen sizes: if you can't reach everything on the screen with your thumb while holding the phone in a position which won't cause it to fall with the slightest shock, the phone is too big. If I can use my laptop with one hand, needing two hands for a phone is ridiculous.

OT: I just realised why so many people have their phones in front of them on the table at restaurants etc! It isn't (only) a status symbol or being so out of it that they think the messages being sent to them are more interesting than the other people they went to eat with. In fact, it's just that if they sat down with the phone still in their pocket, it would snap in half!

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Isn't the hardware button on the right side easier to reach?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 243kof For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Koiruus View Post
I'm not sure if you were joking or not, but this really is the case. As swiping from top to bottom is how you put the phone to sleep. It's impossible to do when keeping the phone in one hand and having a good, secure grip.
No. I was not joking. I hadn't thought of that scenario. Thanks for sharing.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by 243kof View Post
Isn't the hardware button on the right side easier to reach?
No it isn't. I can't even reach my J1's power button when keeping the phone in one hand (and the leather casing folded behind the phone.) I mean, of course you can reach it if you move the phone in your hand. But that makes me feel uncomfortable when biking, as you don't have your fingers around the phone anymore.

Oh, and by saying one hand, I obviously mean my left hand. Because I always keep the phone in front left pocket of trousers.

Last edited by Koiruus; 2016-09-05 at 15:22. Reason: Forgot the ")"

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Koiruus For This Useful Post:
No it isn't. I can't even reach my J1's power button when keeping the phone in one hand (and the leather casing folded behind the phone.) I mean, of course you can reach it if you move the phone in your hand. But that makes me feel uncomfortable when biking, as you don't have your fingers around the phone anymore.

Oh, and by saying one hand, I obviously mean my left hand. Because I always keep the phone in front left pocket of trousers.
Use something like this while biking http://www.wiggle.co.uk/topeak-smartphone-5-drybag much safer.

The Following User Says Thank You to pagis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 207 | Thanked: 759 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Poland
The size was the main reason why I sold my Jolla C. My hands are not very small, at least I have long fingers. But as I feel quite comfortable using J1 onehanded while riding a bike, I couldn't do the same with Jolla C. I just couldn't reach everything on the screen by my thumb and still have a good grip of the phone.

Also I didn't like the cheap notification led and actually the more rubbish feel of the whole phone, including that soft plastic screen. Plus I almost love my Lastu TOH/leather case, which doesn't fit to JC.
Agree in 100%.
The only advantage of Jolla C is brighter screen.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atlochowski For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla c, sailfish os