Originally Posted by tswindell View Post
Yes, a lot of people will, and how can you say a handset that isn't even on the market yet is unsupported? At the least it will have better support than the N900, considering it's wider target audience.

Support is only useful for the short term anyway, people upgrade at the least every 24 months (two years). I think we'll probably get at least a whole year of "support" for the N9, if not more as they are unlikely to release another MeeGo product until Windows Phone is stabalised in the market.
But how many is "a lot" when the N900 came out there was a big advertising campaign particularly by Carphone Warehouse in the UK and it was supported by the two big networks. However unless Elop comes out and says Nokia will support the phone and it is not the last Nokia meego phone they what network provider is going to support or advertise it?

As such I feel it will be lucky to sell more then the 92K units Eldar indicated Nokia would produce. If so an Android or IOS phone is going to look a far better purchase for most N900 users as at least they will support for 2 years and there will be plenty of developers producing apps and games etc.

I would love to go out and buy the N9 to replace my N900 when it is released however I do not want to buy another phone where the only support is from this great community .

Perhaps LG etc may produce a meego phone I could purchase or failing which I will stick with my n900 as long as I can.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to droitwichgas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by droitwichgas View Post
But how many is "a lot" when the N900 came out there was a big advertising campaign particularly by Carphone Warehouse in the UK and it was supported by the two big networks. However unless Elop comes out and says Nokia will support the phone and it is not the last Nokia meego phone they what network provider is going to support or advertise it?

As such I feel it will be lucky to sell more then the 92K units Eldar indicated Nokia would produce. If so an Android or IOS phone is going to look a far better purchase for most N900 users as at least they will support for 2 years and there will be plenty of developers producing apps and games etc.

I would love to go out and buy the N9 to replace my N900 when it is released however I do not want to buy another phone where the only support is from this great community .

Perhaps LG etc may produce a meego phone I could purchase or failing which I will stick with my n900 as long as I can.
For some reason I thought the 92K refered to the number of n950 that had been made and warehoused. Is it really the number of n9 to be produced? If so, to put things in perspective, when the last iphone came out, Apple sold about 1million the first weekend. Assuming that number is based on 2 days then Apple sold over 100,000 in about 5 hours...

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
For some reason I thought the 92K refered to the number of n950 that had been made and warehoused. Is it really the number of n9 to be produced? If so, to put things in perspective, when the last iphone came out, Apple sold about 1million the first weekend. Assuming that number is based on 2 days then Apple sold over 100,000 in about 5 hours...
No-one knows. However numerous people have suggested Eldar is wrong. Which means either: he's lying, wrong or got the wrong end of the stick (and it refers to N950s, or something else).

The Following User Says Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Its the 950. Someone made up à strange nu ber. But I doubt elop Will allow more than 92000 to be sold. He want you to save your money for à Windows 7 look à like.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
I think I saw a figure of just 250 for the N950 quoted this week. I have no idea what numbers are expected to sell for the N9 but as it is not be released in every country, may well lack Nokia and network support you do wonder if it will get anywhere near the number of N900 units sold.

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
I think I saw a figure of just 250 for the N950 quoted this week.
That's the number Nokia are donating through the meego.com Developer Device Programme. Nokia Developer (http://developer.nokia.com/) have more.

I have no idea what numbers are expected to sell for the N9 but as it is not be released in every country
No device will be released in "every" country (Elbonia etc); but what major country do you not think the N9 will be sold in?

If you're going off the Nokia Store "check availability" page, you're misguided.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
That's the number Nokia are donating through the meego.com Developer Device Programme. Nokia Developer (http://developer.nokia.com/) have more.

No device will be released in "every" country (Elbonia etc); but what major country do you not think the N9 will be sold in?

If you're going off the Nokia Store "check availability" page, you're misguided.
As I said I have no idea so that makes it difficult to be misguided? As far the UK goes the Nokia retail store is closing next week and unkess the networks supply the N9 then availability in the UK could be limited!!

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dublin
i'm hoping i don't have to buy it from the UK like i had to the N900 (in ireland btw) including the nokia store discount it cost me €570 and that included western union transfer fee to my sister in UK and P&P from her to me.
still cheaper then expansys was selling to us irish.

Question, is anyone planning on developing for it and if so do you mind me asking what?

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
This Video is doing its rounds on Twitter, got to post it here b/c its so Funny
N9 REACTION
I think the guy as learnt my Harmattan dance or maybe not
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ8UV...ature=youtu.be

Ag-a-doo-doo-doo, push pineapple, shake the tree
Aga-doo-doo-doo, push pineapple, grind coffee
To the left, to the right, jump up and down and to the knees

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POv-3yIPSWc

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 194 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Sydney, Australia
As I said I have no idea so that makes it difficult to be misguided?
Iron-clad.

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????