Originally Posted by uTMY View Post
@specc

And yet Specc even there you are wrong.

http://oami.europa.eu/ows/rw/pages/R...tyDesign.en.do

It might not have the word "patent" on it but in all essence thats exactly what it is.

rgds
LOL you are a funny bunch. This has no resemblance to patents. In fact it is simply a paper that say this design is copyrighted by XX. There is nothing here that is not covered by copyrights. EU bureaucracy at its best

During the examination, the applications are checked mainly for formalities (e.g. no search for novelty).
This is copyright law, not patent law, not even close.

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Oh my so many anti-Nokians here and specc and I get banned for supporting them.

Aren't you the same person? Seems pretty lame that you have to back up your own argument using a different persona

@Specc

Rubbish Specc.

Registered Community Design is far closer to the patent protection process than copyright and is an attempt to harmonize with the USA Design Patent.

Here is an example of how it is described by others

http://www.mewburn.com/library/infor...munity-designs

and whilst there may be some overlap with copyright, copyright is implicit in expression unlike RCD which requires an application for a limited monopoly based on novelty which is far closer to the process of patents.

rgds

note to self: don't argue with idiots, it achieves nothing and brings you down to their level.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
@Specc

Rubbish Specc.

Registered Community Design is far closer to the patent protection process than copyright and is an attempt to harmonize with the USA Design Patent.

and whilst there may be some overlap with copyright, copyright is implicit in expression unlike RCD which requires an application for a limited monopoly based on novelty which is far closer to the process of patents.

rgds

note to self: don't argue with idiots, it achieves nothing and brings you down to their level.
Such a defensive post, an indication of insecurity and inability to comprehend facts. Go troll on anti-Nokia forums. We are pro-Nokia!

Originally Posted by Dared View Post
Aren't you the same person? Seems pretty lame that you have to back up your own argument using a different persona
When you argue with apes, the less you write, the better it is.

@Specc

Rubbish Specc.

rgds

it's redundant. What you are trying to protect is already protected by copyright law. And while the RCD is an attempt to harmonize the copyright law regarding industrial design, and in particular the interpretation and the processes regarding legal disputes, it still is a small aspect of copyright law. There is no investigation going on here when you apply. The only requirement is to fill out the forms correct. It's bureaucracy for the sake of bureaucracy.

@Lumiaman

How has being pro-Nokia or not pro-Nokia got anything to do with posting on a Maemo forum?

rgds

@Lumiaman

How has being pro-Nokia or not pro-Nokia got anything to do with posting on a Maemo forum?

rgds
Maemo is a Nokia forum. Go to other anti-Nokia forums, leave this one to Nokia stock holders.......

Hehehehe....all I used to hear is go to WP forums from some geniuses here....little do they know how platform agnostic I am.

@Specc

It may only be a bureaucratic exercise but the process is still more akin to patent protection than copyright protection.

I see you cite no examples to support your assertions which as usual are no more than baseless statements.

rgds

@Lumiaman

I disagree, maemo.org is a forum for "maemo" and its companion products.

The clue is of course in the name. maemo.org.

The fact that Nokia stock is being discussed here is interesting and one can only hope Nokia see the light before they fade into irrelevance.

Still I predict it'll be interesting and amusing to see all the back pedaling in the comments when they have to redo their strategy from WPn to something better.

rgds

Tags
bring me beer, downward spiral, elop is nero, let's talk bs, lumiadickweed, lumiatard, nero fiddling, nokia bears, nokiastockrock, thanks for asha