Active Topics

Posts: 131 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ India
so many N9s faced same issue - suddenly faced SIM error without any real reason. Unable to flash cmt.
Similar issues I have read about N900.

Can any expert from Nokia MeeGo team can help here? Any way to fully fix this? downgrade again?
There must be some way.

If someone can come up with idea, it will help many users here. I am ready to donate/pay some $ for getting my N9 fixed.

The Following User Says Thank You to suyog For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by bhapca View Post
Hello,

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks !
Well 1st of all, you should never ever user --flash-only=mmc, why are you flashing with 2 seperate commands? Right way to do full flash is to use just one command.

flasher -f -F main.bin -F emmc.bin -R

If you get those aegis security errors even after that command, then your RAM chip is having hardware errors, and you can say goodbye to that device.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

Originally Posted by suyog View Post
so many N9s faced same issue - suddenly faced SIM error without any real reason. Unable to flash cmt.
Similar issues I have read about N900.

Can any expert from Nokia MeeGo team can help here? Any way to fully fix this? downgrade again?
There must be some way.

If someone can come up with idea, it will help many users here. I am ready to donate/pay some $ for getting my N9 fixed.
My guess would be that you have used some non-standard flasher like Phoenix to break it (quite many people have ****ed their device with Phoenix), when in fact you should always just use flasher 3.1.12.

Have you tried cold flashing with normal flasher, since thats your only hope vs throwing it into the trashcan? Paste cold flash output?
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
@peterleinchen I will try as you have suggested but most surprising thing was I also faced similar issue when I tried in kubuntu on same laptop.
It gave following error.
those commands need to be runned as root, or with sudo.

Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
those commands need to be runned as root, or with sudo.
Yes, realised that later. Issue is resolved now.

Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
My guess would be that you have used some non-standard flasher like Phoenix to break it (quite many people have ****ed their device with Phoenix), when in fact you should always just use flasher 3.1.12.

Have you tried cold flashing with normal flasher, since thats your only hope vs throwing it into the trashcan? Paste cold flash output?
Well, I wasn't able to flash with Phoenix at all Only flasher.
Strange thing is chinese cmt flash worked sometimes , like 100% success. And that only works now. Otherwise if I use any other files for cmt then I get SIM error. Sometimes after flashing chinese cmt, I was able to use phone for 2 days before issue appearing again.
I think I had tried cold flash earlier.(not sure) but I can try again.

But I really curious to know cause and if someone can fix it, if someone can take it up as challenge

Well, I wasn't able to flash with Phoenix at all Only flasher.
Strange thing is chinese cmt flash worked sometimes , like 100% success. And that only works now. Otherwise if I use any other files for cmt then I get SIM error. Sometimes after flashing chinese cmt, I was able to use phone for 2 days before issue appearing again.
I think I had tried cold flash earlier.(not sure) but I can try again.

But I really curious to know cause and if someone can fix it, if someone can take it up as challenge
After flashing chinese cmt, there is no way to flash europen cmt ever never again. Your can only flash chinese cmt the remaining life for that device. So 0% change of flashing 001 variant.

It has been stated meny times, that flashing chinense cmt is non-reversible action, that is the only thing that cannot be reversed.

Any other variant can be reversed and even downgraded. So the big failure happened the second the chinese cmt was flashed to the device.

But you can try reflashing chinese cmt if you download the china variant image.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Thanks for reply, I flashed chinese cmt after trying 26 other variants
But since now I know it the only thing which can't be reversed, can you please tell me how I was able to successfully flash it some times and not successfully most of the times ?
I mean what are factors for successful flashing ?
I have swiss(480) variant as main flash file.

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Can't we just
Code:
flasher -f -F main.bin -F emmc.bin -R
or
Code:
flasher -f -F main.bin
flasher -f -F emmc.bin -R
?

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Thanks for reply, I flashed chinese cmt after trying 26 other variants
But since now I know it the only thing which can't be reversed, can you please tell me how I was able to successfully flash it some times and not successfully most of the times ?
I mean what are factors for successful flashing ?
I have swiss(480) variant as main flash file.
I'd imagine your troubles are caused by the fact that you have chinese CMT and swiss rootfs.
Even as in theory they could be compatible in practice you propably can have problems when you mix-n-match components from different country variants.

It is just as @rainisto has said many times, you should not mess up with flasher unless you really know what you are doing, there are some things you cannot reverse once you do them

This includes;
  • delibrately flashing incompatible components
  • delibrately erasing/overwriting your MTD partitions
  • burning your CPU with overclocking
  • burning your flash eraseblocks with unwise swap partitioning
  • ...maybe something else?

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:

Tags
flashing, nokia n9