Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Originally Posted by lsolano View Post
I've never understood why the "video-slide-thing" is showed in every review video as a feature.

It is just a "cool" thing as your girlfriend correctly said but it is absolutely useless.

In fact it would be more intelligent to stop the video as soon as a user start to swipe.
I am in strong disagreement with you on this. I love being able to slide the video to the side a little so I can check the time and see if my download is still going on and such things you see on the status bar or if I forget what apps I had open.
Snap snap
neeeeeeexxxxxxttttt BS criticism

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aironeous For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lsolano View Post
I've never understood why the "video-slide-thing" is showed in every review video as a feature.

It is just a "cool" thing as your girlfriend correctly said but it is absolutely useless.

In fact it would be more intelligent to stop the video as soon as a user start to swipe.
It demonstrates how a good OS, a good GUI and a good app can properly orchestrate a single-core CPU, a DSP and a GPU.

It's subtle, but it's very impressive. I'm guessing if Android tried to do this on the same hardware it would explode.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 235 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Costa Rica
Originally Posted by daperl View Post
It's subtle, but it's very impressive. I'm guessing if Android tried to do this on the same hardware it would explode.
It's very impressive for you, with your knowledge. It is for me too, technically.

But, it does not add anything to your productivity.

Hi,

Is there any chance to get N950, i know its only developer edition, and no more available, but damn i want that phone :/

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
regarding battery life the N9 is equal to my N900. Moderate use leads to 6-8 hours. Includes music for half hour, 1 hour browsing, push mail and notification screen with live updates and random. Actually that's not moderate at al, its light at best.

am I disappointed? Very much so. Don't get me started on the cloudy,hazy photos that this magical Carl Zeiss can produce.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to afaq For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by afaq View Post
regarding battery life the N9 is equal to my N900. Moderate use leads to 6-8 hours. Includes music for half hour, 1 hour browsing, push mail and notification screen with live updates and random. Actually that's not moderate at al, its light at best.

am I disappointed? Very much so. Don't get me started on the cloudy,hazy photos that this magical Carl Zeiss can produce.
Give it a few days to run in, as far as I know this is not normal.

Moderate use leads to 6-8 hours. Includes music for half hour, 1 hour browsing, push mail and notification screen with live updates and random. Actually that's not moderate at al, its light at best.
That does not sound normal at all. I get 2 days with light use like you described.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on

Oh wow. Let's see... I'm constantly in 3.5G coverage, I use wi-fi at the home and office, in the last two days made 12 phone calls, received 8, texted, took 8 photos, MMS 3 of them, surfed this site thrice, went to other sites on it to show people how the browser was, used the compass... and finally charging my battery for the first time in 38 hours - and yes, it was almost dead.

And it's on max brightness. I have set up my IM, but I keep them off at almost all times. I use the alarm, I'm in developer mode, and manually updated my ssh daemon manually.

Mind you, I can't still use Drive - damn thing will NOT open for me - but so far, my battery life has been pretty damn good. Which... way surprises me.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
gerbick - that is astonishing.

I have vibration to level 1, ringer on silent, constantly on 3G, 5 texts a day, 0 MMS, opening and checking emails throughout the day and thats it (including what i posted above).

Check out the battery stats attached. Why is it that If i use the device i get around 3-4 hours active usage time.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to afaq For This Useful Post:
Posts: 36 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ London
gerbick - that is astonishing.

I have vibration to level 1, ringer on silent, constantly on 3G, 5 texts a day, 0 MMS, opening and checking emails throughout the day and thats it (including what i posted above).

Check out the battery stats attached. Why is it that If i use the device i get around 3-4 hours active usage time.
my battery was dying fast when i had power save mode set to activate automatically when the battery reaches 20%. after i turned it completely off it lasts full day, with a few hours of music, a lot of internet and all the rest.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Audrius For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????