Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
There is no error, it is a warning about an expired key, which might be explained by the disinterest of nokia in the N900 repository.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
Actually, in case of cssu-thumb, it's also matter of merlin's repos being not signed "officially" by certificate acceptable by N900, usually (haven't checked attached logs).

This can be fixed, by adding it to trusted zone manually - command somewhere in this thread.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
latest update seems to be working fine here. only problem is it failed to automatically reboot on install again. showed "nokia" white screen then turned off.

Posts: 151 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Belgrade, Serbia
There is no "real error" in your log, those keys are expiried, se here

Posts: 125 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Actually, in case of cssu-thumb, it's also matter of merlin's repos being not signed "officially" by certificate acceptable by N900, usually (haven't checked attached logs).
Actually when you look at the warning
Code:
W: GPG error: https://downloads.maemo.nokia.com ./ Release: The following signatures were invalid: KEYEXPIRED 1349249546 KEYEXPIRED 1349249546 KEYEXPIRED 1349249546
W: GPG error: https://downloads.maemo.nokia.com ./ Release: The following signatures were invalid: KEYEXPIRED 1349249546 KEYEXPIRED 1349249546 KEYEXPIRED 1349249546
W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems
you'll realize, that it is not an unauthorized key, but rather an expired key (on the nokia repos), the repos on my server (if signed, not all are) are signed by a key which is added to apt-key by the newest community-ssu-enabler, thus residing in the "thrusted zone"

never give answers without checking the logs

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to merlin1991 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by merlin1991 View Post
Actually when you look at the warning
Code:
W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems
you'll realize, that it is not an unauthorized key, but rather an expired key (on the nokia repos), the repos on my server (if signed, not all are) are signed by a key which is added to apt-key by the newest community-ssu-enabler, thus residing in the "thrusted zone"

never give answers without checking the logs
That's why I have mentioned not checking logs in the first place, but point taken, anyway

BTW, where I have missed official info about adding your key to apt-key? Not that there are any trust issues (none of them), but messing with suer's trust zone is something that should be written "bold red" in changelogs, methinks, no matter what.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,238 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
latest cssu thumb update working great without any problem yet. N900 is now more fluid and responsive.

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 615 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Estonia
The latest CSSU update introduced several CSSU repositories besides Community SSU (testing) which I had installed previously - just Community SSU (I guess it is CSSU stable); Community SSU (devel); Community SSU (thumb).

So - instead of following the instructions in first post of this thread - can I just enable Community SSU (thumb) repository in HAM and upgrade my system?

Maybe it is good to include corresponding info also to the first post...

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by acrux View Post
The latest CSSU update introduced several CSSU repositories besides Community SSU (testing) which I had installed previously - just Community SSU (I guess it is CSSU stable); Community SSU (devel); Community SSU (thumb).

So - instead of following the instructions in first post of this thread - can I just enable Community SSU (thumb) repository in HAM and upgrade my system?

Maybe it is good to include corresponding info also to the first post...
no, you need to follow the instructions.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Highly unlikely. power regulator inside N900 works in a way, that would result in shutting down whole device (in a "bad", unmanaged way) in case of too long low voltage peak), not any software "hanging". Also, I don't think you had BME disabled - with BME working, device would shut down ("good" way, i.e. quasi-proper shutdown) mu(uuu)ch before any chance for low voltage spike, that would shut device down "bad" way.

Device "dies" of low power @ ~2850 mV. BME shut it down ~3200 mV (no hard treeshold, as it's monitoring momentary peaks, as opposed to average voltage for given second).

/Estel
Well, I have to say I've experienced some weird issues with a PolarCell battery I got from "wannsee-electronic" on eBay.

At first it worked as fine as the OEM battery, but then my phone started disconnecting my 2G/3G connection. Was running Power Kernel and Thumb and at first thought it was the culprit.

This mostly happened when I unlocked the phone and I started typing, few characters made through ssh before it "lost" the network/sim. Tried two different sim-cards, pushing the SIM down with piece of paper etc, nothing seemed to work. Found out that overclocking or underclocking seemed to help, it seemed to be worst at stock speed. It also cut the connection at times when I left the phone with keyboard open and pressed some key on it (and thus activating the keyboard backlight, with the screen still on).

After a while the phone started locking, crashing, and finally it wouldn't even charge or boot most of the time. All this was fixed when I replaced the FAULTY BATTERY. So I'm not sure about the power regulator-theory (or then it also is bit faulty on... faulty batteries ), but it really seemed to be with some voltage irregularity caused by the battery.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Entitled For This Useful Post:

Tags
code size, dinosaurs, fmg ftw!, fmg.da.king, performance, thumb, thumb life