Notices

Originally Posted by nicholes View Post
hat do you mean by saying

"Indeed the option-title "Slider Open" is not quite correct. In fact it is "Slider Movement" e.g. a notification is send on open as well as on close. For now we should fix the title."
I mean that it is a (very tiny) bug. The app may make you believe that a notification is send on slider OPEN only. But it sends on CLOSE as well.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yablacky For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
Originally Posted by yablacky View Post
No, sorry That's what I try to say: SMSCON may send SMS (or EMAIL) on all the events you enable. No matter if in test mode or not, no matter if SIM change detected or not.

is this a bug?

Thanks for a quick reply!

get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos

Originally Posted by nicholes View Post

is this a bug?

No, its by design, honestly.

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
I assume that "Send SMS Replies on 'Slider Open' ", should only activate after SMSCON receives a known command to the device?

The Following User Says Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
I assume that "Send SMS Replies on 'Slider Open' ", should only activate after SMSCON receives a known command to the device?
This would only work as expected when smscon deamon was just started. But typically the daemon runs all the time and a known command may already be received a long time ago.

Instead we plan to implement that keyboard slider moves are able to trigger more sophisticated actions than just sending slider move notifications.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yablacky For This Useful Post:
So in the case of @nicholes...
'Open Slider' messages can be stopped by sending COM_RESTART or going to Init Tab and Stopping then Restarting SMSCON operation.
Messages will then stop, unless tested or triggered again.

Note:-
COM_RESTART only available > 0.8-1

Why not just disable keyboard notification?

The Following User Says Thank You to yablacky For This Useful Post:
Or disable it, like I did/you suggest.
@nicholes may want it on for a reason?

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
FOR INFORMATION:

The latest versions of both smscon and editor have been promoted to the extras-testing repository.

Since there are many changes from the previous stable versions some people might have issues with their old configuration settings. We have tried hard to avoid them but for some set-ups this in unavoidable.

There are many ways to solve those problems but the easiest (in my opinion) is to purge the installation of both applications and re-install.
That is, with the following order, open x-term and as root copy/paste the following commands:
Code:
apt-get remove --purge smscon-editor
apt-get remove --purge smscon
Close xterm and install smscon-editor from the Application manager (it will automatically install smscon also).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
The above is correct; just want to add:

We have added the "unlock on new SIM" function for the people that is paramount to them to recover the device and they don't care at all if their data and passwords are exposed to the people that have found the phone.

When the SIM is replaced it is clear that someone is trying to own your device. At this moment some people would like to continue searching for the phone and others would like to stop the new user finding their mails, passwords, account info, photos and all other personal information you might have in the device.
Don't take it as self-advertising, but, i think that ideal solution for this dillema is to use TrueCrypt. Having personal things (passwords, photos, documents, whatever) in protected container or partition, ensures that upon restart (to replace SIM by thief) encrypted container is unmounted (= non-decryptable without entering TrueCrypt password/keyfile). This way - if prepared in secure way by responsible 'legit user' - it's 100% safe to tick "disable lock code on new sim inserted''. We got possibility to communicate with our phone, without risking to compromise private files.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: