Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
So Meego is not dead?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Meego as a project is dead. Meego as an effort is not - it's continued in new projects (Mer, Nemo and others).

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
So why did they have to announce it when jollas meego don't have anything to do with nokia meego?

I say meego is dead!

and jolla is sleeping!

Why not come up with the name of the OS atleast.

When you announce stuff, you shall have somthing to show, dates, movies, facts or other stuff. They are acting like amatures. Lets hope de device is better than their moves so far

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-08-23 at 11:21.

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
So why did they have to announce it when jollas meego don't have anything to do with nokia meego?

I say meego is dead!

and jolla is sleeping!

Why not come up with the name of the OS atleast.

When you announce stuff, you shall have somthing to show, dates, movies, facts or other stuff. They are acting like amatures. Lets hope de device is better than their moves so far
I don't see anything wrong with their current moves. They are just playing it careful at the end of the year they will announce the phone. Once everything is done and set they will be able to answer all the questions that we have but to this date they don;t want to make any empty promises or say anything that they are currently unsure of

It's not wrong since they can do as they want. It's their company and their plan.

but its wrong if they want to riding on the waves they creating by announce their "meego continue" stuff.

There might be a reason why the most successfull mobile companies announce and release almost at the same time. Just saying. Its all about waves and momentum.

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-08-23 at 14:12.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
momentum is the word here Dave

Anyway what I think has happened was that seeing the outpouring of people not wanting to let MeeGo die (especially after the messages on twitter post-pr1.3) led them to hastily announce that they are coming up with a product...

Aside from jolla turning out i decent product, all i wish is the ignore list on tmo worked properly.

Originally Posted by Daneel View Post
Aside from jolla turning out i decent product, all i wish is the ignore list on tmo worked properly.
It is if you can't read this message!

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
Originally Posted by Daneel View Post
ignore list is the lamest thing on the internet

Originally Posted by HELLASISGREECE View Post
ignore list is the lamest thing on the internet
Well, sometimes its for the best, i don't want to spend my time reading FUD.

Tags
jolla, jolla on topic, jollamobile, meego, merproject, nokia, nokian9, professionals, speculations, tizenjolla