Active Topics

Notices

i'm getting the libdc6 2.7 error when I try to install latest deb , any hints on this? thanks

Originally Posted by Addoozz View Post
Can someone make it possible for superhexagon with sounds?
Works with sounds and fonts for me. For fonts most likely DejaVu ttf is needed, I've got a bunch of those installed, so not sure which exactly are used. Someone else reported sound working too. The only problem is rather slow speed, even with OC to 1150

EDIT: slow speed caused by debug version of apkenv, troubleshooting it caused too high speed after disabling vsync and feeding all debug output to /dev/null. Proper setup described below: vsync on, all debug data to null, still not sure how to fix Xes version which is tearing when the lady talks

Last edited by szopin; 2013-05-31 at 17:58.

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Tried KIK

apkenv 42.3.15 - http://thp.io/2012/apkenv/
Copyright (c) 2012 Thomas Perl <m@thp.io>

Usage: ./apkenv [--install] <file.apk>

Posts: 209 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Portugal
Updated list on wiki, changed Super Hexagon to Working.

Check this to improve performance & get rid of most bugs (only thing not working is music, other sounds and text work). The guide is messy (my first wiki page) but someone can take a better look at it and organize it.

However, now it runs too fast , most likely related with vsync which doesn't seem to work.

19:48 <Remi-X>: my name is fry and im shy
19:48 <Remi-X>: sh*t how can i even say something that dumb

Last edited by RiD; 2013-05-28 at 14:10.

The Following User Says Thank You to RiD For This Useful Post:
Where to get link ??

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by RiD View Post
Updated list on wiki, changed Super Hexagon to Working.

Check this to improve performance & get rid of most bugs (only thing not working is music, other sounds and text work). The guide is messy (my first wiki page) but someone can take a better look at it and organize it.

However, now it runs too fast , most likely related with vsync which doesn't seem to work.
With a really small amount of modifications I managed to get the musics work. Run speed seems to be fine on N9.

So basically I converted (not just renamed) the .ogg format musics in \data\music to .wav format, and modified the content of hexagon-103\lib\armeabi-v7a\libOFAndroidApp.so & libOFAndroidApp_neon.so (these are the files containing the "playlist"), to match the new formats. Mp3 is not supported, only wav. - There must be something wrong with the module.

That's all, now you can play a fully functional SuperHexagon if you really want to.

I know it might not be the best solution to have, but for now is the only one available, I guess.

Last edited by Just486; 2013-05-30 at 16:18.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
I am able to hear the ogg - music, i have libsdl-mixer1.2 and libogg0 installed on my N9.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HolgerN For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HolgerN View Post
I am able to hear the ogg - music, i have libsdl-mixer1.2 and libogg0 installed on my N9.
Thanks, I managed to fix music playback on my N900 too! It sounds somewhat weird, though.
(Updated the guide)

To any of you N9 owners, please specify what version of apkenv you are running to play Super Hexagon http://wiki.maemo.org/Apkenv/Game_Compatibility

Also, one of you might want to edit http://wiki.maemo.org/Apkenv/Game_Co.../Super_Hexagon to add better N9 instructions (and who knows, tidy it up)

Last edited by RiD; 2013-05-30 at 20:24.

Originally Posted by Just486 View Post
With a really small amount of modifications I managed to get the musics work. Run speed seems to be fine on N9.

So basically I converted (not just renamed) the .ogg format musics in \data\music to .wav format, and modified the content of hexagon-103\lib\armeabi-v7a\libOFAndroidApp.so & libOFAndroidApp_neon.so (these are the files containing the "playlist"), to match the new formats. Mp3 is not supported, only wav. - There must be something wrong with the module.

That's all, now you can play a fully functional SuperHexagon if you really want to.

I know it might not be the best solution to have, but for now is the only one available, I guess.
Holy crap! As someone coming from an iPhone to the N9, thank you so much for this!

you might want to try HolgerN's solution, as it is more hassle free than converting a bunch of files and modifying game content. (http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...90#post1348090)

The Following User Says Thank You to RiD For This Useful Post:

Tags
android, emu_layer, new_whazapp, orphanenv, sfdroid, thp ole ole ole, thp's up, y u disobey thp