Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by oldpmaguy View Post
Well, I did get his general idea, in spite of the spelling errors. ^_^ It seems the problem was not having installed the Custom Config file (it is kind of inconspicuous, there).

So I have been able to successfully open and edit the blight_input.config file - and the result is - NOTHING! The P key is STILL mapped to Pause! Why?! Mupen is still showing all the same default keys in the options menu, and indeed, the P key still pauses the game, despite my having "remapped" it.

So now what?!
probly you have two version installed ? old one and the new one with gpu plugin ? try this in xterm

root or sudo gainroot
find / .mupen64plus | grep blight_input.config

see how many blight_input.config turn out in result..

Originally Posted by oldpmaguy View Post
Well, I did get his general idea, in spite of the spelling errors. ^_^ It seems the problem was not having installed the Custom Config file (it is kind of inconspicuous, there).

So I have been able to successfully open and edit the blight_input.config file - and the result is - NOTHING! The P key is STILL mapped to Pause! Why?! Mupen is still showing all the same default keys in the options menu, and indeed, the P key still pauses the game, despite my having "remapped" it.

So now what?!
Blight doesn't deal with emulator type key presses. I posted how to fix this a few pages back, but for simplicity just open mupen64plus.conf and you will see.

I also fail to see how my config is inconspicuous? It's dead centre of the first post =x

IzzehO, any news on sixaxis config yet?

Posts: 209 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Portugal
I'm having problems when installing:
Code:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 mupen64plus-arm: Depends: libsdl-ttf2.0 (>=2.0.9) but it is not installable.
E: Broken packages
i did dpkg -l|grep libsdl-ttf2 on xterm and it says the following. Seems to be okay

Code:
ii libsdl-ttf2.0-0    2.0.9-1maemo2
ttf library for Simple DirectMedia Layer wit
any solution?

Originally Posted by IzzehO View Post
Blight doesn't deal with emulator type key presses. I posted how to fix this a few pages back, but for simplicity just open mupen64plus.conf and you will see.

I also fail to see how my config is inconspicuous? It's dead centre of the first post =x
So are you saying that to edit the default keys, we should be editing mupen64plus.conf, not blight_input.conf? Because the second post in this thread says that blight is what we should be editing to remap default keys, such as PAUSE.

Could you possibly add that info to the front page, then? (i.e. the post you mentioned you made a few pages back.) It might be useful to have it front and center of the thread.

Until then I'll go ahead and asume that the variables in the mupen64plus.conf are the ones that we should be editing to effect keypress changes.

And as to the config file being "inconspicuous", it is a rather tiny little link, in the middle of quite a big sea of images and videos and quotes and code boxes - wouldn't you agree? %^)

Posts: 209 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Portugal
Originally Posted by RiD View Post
I'm having problems when installing:
Code:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 mupen64plus-arm: Depends: libsdl-ttf2.0 (>=2.0.9) but it is not installable.
E: Broken packages
i did dpkg -l|grep libsdl-ttf2 on xterm and it says the following. Seems to be okay

Code:
ii libsdl-ttf2.0-0    2.0.9-1maemo2
ttf library for Simple DirectMedia Layer wit
any solution?
I tried removing it, (and of course the dependent applications) and tried reinstalling.

Now another problem comes, when trying to reinstall it says the same package (libsdl-ttf2.0) is broken

EDIT: already fixed the problem, reinstalled libsdl-ttf2 using xterm.
my bad.

the emulator is good but Carmageddon 64 is completely messed up (can't play as i dont see anything rather than sky and hud). other games such as f zero, mario etc are running fine /or/ reasonable

Last edited by RiD; 2010-08-28 at 00:30.

Posts: 220 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
Thanks for your help guys. I now have mupen64plus working well with Accelemymote on both SM64 and MarioKart 64. I had an error with no graphic plug in selected, but that was obvious to fix. Then once the ROM was started, it remained at the GUI whilst playing the game sounds, with no way to access the visuals. That's sorted itself out.

My girlfriend now hates her iPhone 3G S and wants an N900.

hey, how do i reset the controls? there're some i configurated using accelemymote... and i can't undo it now
it says "press DEL to reset", but that's a problem since we don't have this key :P

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Gold Coast, Australia
Originally Posted by 5spdvl View Post
Thanks for your help guys. I now have mupen64plus working well with Accelemymote on both SM64 and MarioKart 64. I had an error with no graphic plug in selected, but that was obvious to fix. Then once the ROM was started, it remained at the GUI whilst playing the game sounds, with no way to access the visuals. That's sorted itself out.

My girlfriend now hates her iPhone 3G S and wants an N900.
You do realize that she can play n64 on her iphone?

Posts: 577 | Thanked: 699 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Malta
Originally Posted by lucas777 View Post
You do realize that she can play n64 on her iphone?
Playing N64/PSX games with no physical keys is like playing football without the ball :/

Tags
emulator, games, mupen64plus, nintendo, nintendo64