Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 298 | Thanked: 197 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by pantera1989 View Post
Playing N64/PSX games with no physical keys is like playing football without the ball :/
Indeed true, you dont get the same experience of f. ex. Majoras Mask if your fingers are on the map or covering the C-buttons.

I tried playing Super Mario 64 with Power40, runs like a dream!
The emulator is really good, lots of games that many like.

Posts: 220 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
Originally Posted by IzzehO
I'd generally recommend against changing individual buttons in this release as the input plugin detects the first button push when trying... and with the sensitivity of accelerometer, it will detect the "joystick" moving first every time... and you will end up with axis' assigned to buttons: This becomes even more difficult given the way to erase this is to press a button that is not available on the N900 keyboard (delete).
This appears to be the only problem I have right. I did change some of the buttons on the keyboard (as there didn't apper to be any assigned), and it was fine for a few hours using Accelemymote. But now, when playing SM64, Mario will randomly duck and/or punch (simulating Z or B presses). I have spent quite a while trying to iron the issue out, from putting the keys in again while the N900 is laying flat and still on a level surface, as well as uninstalling Mupen and reinstalling it. All to no avail.

Is there a way to re-write the keys through a config file? Or disable the accelerometer whilst setting the keys (however, setting the keys needs to "overwrite" the currently recorded axis input, which it doesn't seem to do now).

TIA

Regards. 5spdvl

Originally Posted by 5spdvl View Post
Is there a way to re-write the keys through a config file? Or disable the accelerometer whilst setting the keys (however, setting the keys needs to "overwrite" the currently recorded axis input, which it doesn't seem to do now).
You'll need to edit the config file directly. I posted a guide a few pages back with some steps on how to do it. If your comfortable enough with it there is basic instructions in my second post, but if you have troubles try looking back a few pages.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IzzehO For This Useful Post:
Thanks again Izzeho. Will try it.

Worked well with the quoted post at the top of page 106 and the first page. Just has to replace the axis +0 and +1 from my Z trigger and B button assignments with None.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC6kjczqz-s
any chance the n900 would be able to play zelda this fast in time?

This is the main reason i am thinking on buying the device so was just wondering?

Thanks

Originally Posted by evankwh View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC6kjczqz-s
any chance the n900 would be able to play zelda this fast in time?

This is the main reason i am thinking on buying the device so was just wondering?

Thanks
Can anyone answer?

Please i just want to know if the nokia n900 will ever have similar capabilities to the pandora.

for me at ~1ghz zelda oot was running at quite playable speeds when mupenplus was still compatible with it ;(
im guessing it was running at 80% of full speed
so with a couple of new release/tweaks id say at least 90% is possible

The Following User Says Thank You to yodawg For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by yodawg View Post
for me at ~1ghz zelda oot was running at quite playable speeds when mupenplus was still compatible with it ;(
im guessing it was running at 80% of full speed
so with a couple of new release/tweaks id say at least 90% is possible
There is a quick hack to get it working for the Pandora, but adventus (the dev) is having issues with his Pandora and as such isn't motivated to release it and get a fully working version out. Should see quite a few updates (at least for the Pandora, then once we get them downstream thanks to javis) coming in the coming weeks.

No one has a safe resolution to the update issue? Can anyone at lest explain why this is happening - will it be fixed in future updates?

Tags
emulator, games, mupen64plus, nintendo, nintendo64