Notices

Closed Thread
Thanks for the update. Seems the original problem about not opening some MMS's was related to just GIF's animated or not. Now I can open GIF's but ones that animate don't move. Had my gf send me one she got that had a face laughing and I got it but wasn't animating. Great step in the right direction keep up the good work.

Hi !

Could you consider to implement a lince of code filtering out all chars fmms not accept in phone numbers ?

I mean, all my contact has the followign phone number stlye : +41 (30) 5648932

And fmms always "complain" about spaces and brackets, and woudl be so great if would no need to delete them all the time.

I thought to drop you a lien about it as it should not be a big issue with coding.

Many Thanks for your time and help,

Andrew

The Following User Says Thank You to coolice For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by coolice View Post
Could you consider to implement a lince of code filtering out all chars fmms not accept in phone numbers ?

And fmms always "complain" about spaces and brackets, and woudl be so great if would no need to delete them all the time.
Hi,

Related to this, can we change it so we can select email addresses instead of just phone numbers from Contacts?

The Following User Says Thank You to jimbochou For This Useful Post:
Posts: 547 | Thanked: 1,383 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
I have too this problem, I see only the number of sender.....

And after deleting the messages from fMMS app, it's still not deleted from: /home/user/.fmms/mms and /home/user/.fmms/sent

But in this version I can receive GIF animated images, I can't see the animation of the picture, but I can see the static image (one frame) from the GIF animated image It's cool ! Thanks.
Could you email me the logfile? Should be fixed in 0.5.4. Instructions are in my signature. My email is <myforumusername>@frals.se

See below for animated GIF's-stuff.

Originally Posted by special circumstances View Post
Thanks for you work on this app, a lot of people want this on their phones! From my perspective, fAPN wasn't necessary, as the SMS I got from O2 when I put the SIM in set up everything that was needed there.

I guess the only real challenge left is to get the app to use the right connection (ie GPRS) automatically? I was wondering if this could be related to which interface the application was binding to? e.g. should it not be bound only to phonet0?

Also, I notice resizing is pretty slow - could we have some options in the app for this? E.g. HQ(slow)/LQ(fast) all based around the assumptions that the images would have come from the built in camera.
As the MMS images themselves are pretty small, how about caching the resized images? It wouldn't take much space on the device (limit could be configurable option), and would be really helpful - especially with the connection thing and the resizing delay... sometimes I find by the time the image has been resized my connection has swapped back to WLAN... so it errors, so I'm back to the start.... A resizing cache would be a simple optimisation.

Anyway - thanks for writing this app. Much appreciated.
I've been working on a few changes to connection stuff - they are all in the next version whenever that comes. Basically there are 3 different "connection modes" - one where it tries to setup a connection in the background (havoc), one where it forces a disconnect from the current one (rude) and a final setting which tries to connect to the correct IAP only if no other connection is active (polite). Hopefully this will void the need to cache resized images as well

I am however looking at improving the resizing stuff as it's pretty darn slow atm

Originally Posted by kratos View Post
First post here!!

First of all, thank you so much for this app. It really has helped me. I still use MMS a lot and if the world wants to look at me like a dinosaur, then so be it.

One question;
My contact's name isn't displayed inside the fMMS inbox. I usually have to guess who's sending me the MMS. And if I can't tell, I have to go search through my contacts and figure it out. It just has their phone number.

Is this by design (so far)? The people sending me the MMS are in "My Contacts" attached to a name. Only fMMS doesn't display their names when I send or receive MMS (as opposed to the Conversations)

Thanks for your help!
Known issue, it currently only matches against two of the contacts numbers ("other-phone" and "mobile-phone") - it's something I'm looking into.

Originally Posted by Tiger62651 View Post
Thanks for the update. Seems the original problem about not opening some MMS's was related to just GIF's animated or not. Now I can open GIF's but ones that animate don't move. Had my gf send me one she got that had a face laughing and I got it but wasn't animating. Great step in the right direction keep up the good work.
Looking at having animated GIF's working as well - no promises

Hi !

I thought to drop you a lien about it as it should not be a big issue with coding.

Many Thanks for your time and help,

Andrew
Should be fixed in the next version. (http://gitorious.org/fmms/fmms/commi...92e3fb0deb2cac)

Originally Posted by jimbochou View Post
Hi,

Related to this, can we change it so we can select email addresses instead of just phone numbers from Contacts?
Fixed in the next version. (http://gitorious.org/fmms/fmms/commi...884861b2669dac)

Thanks everyone for testing and providing feedback!

Problem with fMMS? Run in x-terminal: cp /tmp/fmms.log /home/user/MyDocs/
After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900
fAPN - GUI for adding a new GPRS APN
If you like this post, don't be shy to thank me -->

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to frals For This Useful Post:
Coiuld anyone give me a step by step on how to retrieve logfile?

Originally Posted by andraeseus1 View Post
Coiuld anyone give me a step by step on how to retrieve logfile?
Check previous post signature !

Originally Posted by frals View Post
Known issue, it currently only matches against two of the contacts numbers ("other-phone" and "mobile-phone") - it's something I'm looking into.
Another suggestion - since we can receive by email, can we also match against email addresses too?

Thanks!

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Hi and Thanks Frals!

I Dont get my mms:ses anymore?
Only get the sms from my service provider to go to their site and insert Identification code and my phonenumber to see the mms!
Anybody got any idea whats wrong or how to figure it out?
(Finland DNA)

Check previous post signature !
I have been trying to do tha tbut it does not seem to work. I typed the comand into the x terminal then i looked for the file log in the file manager and also hooked my phone up to pc in mass storage device mode. i cant find a fmms.log anywhere on the phone!!!!

Originally Posted by andraeseus1 View Post
K so i did it again and it looks like it asking me for a source destination maybe? this is what popped up
"Usage: cp [OPTION] . . . SOURCE DEST"

Now what?

(background on the problem. Trying to get the file log to send to frals)
So i do this and i am searching all over the phone for the file log but i cant find it anywhere. any ideas on what to do next?

Closed Thread

Tags
application, community win, fmms, frals rocks, fralsvsnokia1-0, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, mms, n900, python