Active Topics

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I must agree that for the price, you are paying a premium for something. For what?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
please stop this misleading thread. One guy WONTFIXED his own bug and every TMO visitor now thinks N900 support is over. We have no solid reason to believe that. Please change the title.
________
INFANT PAXIL

Last edited by qwazix; 2011-08-21 at 10:44.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 385 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
@qwazix: Why do you say so? Didn't you read the post on the first page with the comments about the meeting from the developer of 'instinctiv'? It was clear enough wasn't it? Even though I have no idea who he is I took it that he was a Nokia developer, right? Besides, the reaction from Andre Klapper sort of verified it, right?

Last edited by Larswad; 2010-12-09 at 16:16.

The Following User Says Thank You to Larswad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 168 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland
Even if major support for Maemo would be over from Nokia side, I'm pretty happy with my N900. Everything works thanks to Nokia PR releases and support from maemo.org.

QT support will ensure that applications will come to N900 also in future. I see this as a big PLUS.

I hope that community will continue to improve N900 and will make it even better than it is right now. There are already various applications/patches/scripts/modifications available, which have enabled N900 true potential and I hope that there are more to come.

Edit:
Support for Meego (dual boot) is great and I look forward to see well working version of Meego (1.2) running on N900 and of cource support for coming releases (if feasible).

3 firmware updates during past year is quite OK support or what?
Would it be that people have too high expectations?

Last edited by Gusse; 2010-12-09 at 17:25.

Hi,

I see lot of people here are saying don't expect anything,; I am also happy with my N900 but the question is poor support from NOKIA and their ignotance of N900 after few months.

If some are geek and they can play around the device and doesn't expect anything it's fine. They should remember that everyone is not geek and this is a service industry and not a fish or grocery market.

As an end user people expect some kind of service from the company. Apple or any company will not say if you buy the product that's it, no expectations.

Some of the people are very harsh or supportive to NOKIA for their faults. They release tons of applications for all symbian devices still. Why don't they back port some of the good usable applications to N900? Is something wrong in asking the company who sold the phone for $599? I don't think so , as a customer every one has a right to ask and NOKIA should answer why they neglected N900 is so many aspects.

I am an end user not an geek and more ever there was a no disclaimer when i was buying this phone like " Don't expect anything or No software will be provided or This phone is only for geeks". If those would have mentioned already it makes sense for NOKIA's abandon of N900.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rrdbala For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by msa View Post
this comment is wrong on so many levels.
customers like you encourage companies like nokia to drop products ASAP.

If you look at the other phones, you will find similar issues:
iPhone 3G: Released: July 11, 2008
Discontinued: 16 GB: June 8, 2009
Black 8 GB: June 4, 2010
according to:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPhone

Is software still developed for the iPhone 3G?

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by Larswad View Post
Even though I have no idea who he is I took it that he was a Nokia developer, right? Besides, the reaction from Andre Klapper sort of verified it, right?
Why did you take it for granted he was a Nokia developer?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jflatt View Post
Yep, I see it now, I thought the assertion was that Nokia was discouraging developers from using Maemo, but it was Instinctiv. Something doesn't add up in that story, even if using GTK, MeeGo can run it.
I just read postings from Non-Nokia guys about this issue here.
One that has an urge to close his/her bug.
One that says he talked to Nokia.

I am still waiting for the proof of all that hear-say by Nokia itself.

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
Originally Posted by Larswad View Post
@qwazix: Why do you say so? Didn't you read the post on the first page with the comments about the meeting from the developer of 'instinctiv'? It was clear enough wasn't it? Even though I have no idea who he is I took it that he was a Nokia developer, right? Besides, the reaction from Andre Klapper sort of verified it, right?
I think you misread Andre's comment. He is saying that ANYONE can post a comment on bugzilla, and that the commenter in question is not from Nokia. Also, check out qgil's comment about the instinctiv situation:

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...0&postcount=81

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cfh11 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by PMaff View Post
If you look at the other phones, you will find similar issues:
iPhone 3G: Released: July 11, 2008
Discontinued: 16 GB: June 8, 2009
Black 8 GB: June 4, 2010
according to:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPhone

Is software still developed for the iPhone 3G?

Yes, but still they support the phone and they create apps considering from 2G ( atleast most of them). APPLE is top in business because they care for customers.

They don't say like NOKIA that we have userbase in Symbian so we cannot do anything from Maemo as those were given free of cost.

Tags
fat lady, hardly knew ya, ignore list, needs locking, troll party, trollercoaster, trolololo, wawawaaaa., whinge fest