Active Topics

Originally Posted by kyllerbuzcut View Post
So- the plan should be to use as much data over the next couple of weeks as you can, (using vodafone internet and not wifi obviously). That way you can show that there will be an extra charge of at least £5 on your bill if the charge is introduced.
If that £5 charge is at least 10% of your ordinary bill ( i.e if you normally pay less than £50 per month for your tariff) then this change to the contract, by vodafone, means that you are affected by more than 10%. This SHOULD mean you can then cancel your contract under the clause mentioned above.

My wife and I are both going to try this and see what happens. My wife wants a new phone ( fed up with her HTC magic) and I wouldn't mind getting a nice, cheap, sim only deal to use on my n900 until it's time that a reasonable successor to this great device appears.

P.S. If I am wrong on any of my assumptions then someone please correct me
when is your bill cut-off date??
if its in the next few days, then GO FOR IT...
STOP READING
GO GO GO GO

still here??

edit: i'm not an expert... its just some logic I am using, with the help of some words like "previous month" from voda's contract.....
you can then count this month's usage as "previous month" because it will be before 1st june (or the text msg)

Last edited by UNderworld; 2010-05-09 at 22:17.

Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
I recently moved house and i have been using my n900 as my main internet connection... i have been following this thread and i just registered for the vodafone account.. anyway last month i used just over 30 gb of data... and i expect this month to be no less, however i have not received any text messages or letters regarding my usage. i really don't want to commit to a 12 month broadband so i really hope they honor my existing contract. I bought my phone at a nokia retail store and no mention of a fair usage policy either verbally or in writing... at least at the end of the day i have the power to cancel my direct debit and i think as long as i send vodafone a comprehensive and sound argument in writing.. maybe just maybe ill get my contract cancelled.
you're not supposed to use it as your main modem, i understand why you should be charged more if you download 30gb a month, i don't understand why i should be charged more if i download 700MB

they have plans to do that... http://online.vodafone.co.uk/busines...a-mobile-phone

Originally Posted by orcocan View Post
you're not supposed to use it as your main modem, i understand why you should be charged more if you download 30gb a month, i don't understand why i should be charged more if i download 700MB

they have plans to do that... http://online.vodafone.co.uk/busines...a-mobile-phone
why should he sign up for a 12 month broadband contract if he will only need it 1 or 2 months till he gets a proper home broadband package??

I moved house, I know the difficulties before you get a proper home broadband.. it takes weeks!!! Btw, i've used o2's gprs as my main internet for a month, and no alarm was raised.... .. by main internet, I MEAN it .. downloading 24hrs

Dont know if this is anything to do with this topic, but i just tried the 44555 to check my gprs usage and it gave me all detail except GPRS (mins used etc, just no amount of gprs used). Maybe just a blip, just a coincidence it happend after all the talk of usage on here!!!!?!

Originally Posted by Luz View Post
Dont know if this is anything to do with this topic, but i just tried the 44555 to check my gprs usage and it gave me all detail except GPRS (mins used etc, just no amount of gprs used). Maybe just a blip, just a coincidence it happend after all the talk of usage on here!!!!?!
lol just noticed it aswell.. and every time i talked about data usage, voda customer services told me to dial 445555.. what *****holes!!!

i just tried 44555 and didnt get any data usage info in the text either i dont know why they hide from you the amount of data you have used.

just to take the piss i have had my phone connected to a internet radio station for hours via gprs with the volume on mute just to rack up data lol

im going to try and get out under the 10% clause aswell

Originally Posted by ddwwf1 View Post
i just tried 44555 and didnt get any data usage info in the text either i dont know why they hide from you the amount of data you have used.

just to take the piss i have had my phone connected to a internet radio station for hours via gprs with the volume on mute just to rack up data lol

im going to try and get out under the 10% clause aswell
hahahah quality... when is your bill cut off date??

Originally Posted by UNderworld View Post
hahahah quality... when is your bill cut off date??
you know i dont know when the cut off date is i know mybill date is 16th of each month gona max it for a day or so then can say look at my usage ur new clause will cost me more than 10% of my bill.

i just hope they man up and admit they f**ked up so i can keep this amazing phone and get a miles better sim only deal

Originally Posted by ddwwf1 View Post
you know i dont know when the cut off date is i know mybill date is 16th of each month gona max it for a day or so then can say look at my usage ur new clause will cost me more than 10% of my bill.

i just hope they man up and admit they f**ked up so i can keep this amazing phone and get a miles better sim only deal
when does your minutes refresh???
I get minutes on the 8th each month, and my bill date is 14th.. dont know why... probably yours is 10th then????

get downloading man... watch a movie on iplayer, and one on u tube at the same time.. use the multitasking a bit

Originally Posted by UNderworld View Post
when does your minutes refresh???
I get minutes on the 8th each month, and my bill date is 14th.. dont know why... probably yours is 10th then????

get downloading man... watch a movie on iplayer, and one on u tube at the same time.. use the multitasking a bit
i find downloading torrents helps to rack up mbs i have a pc i hardly use now since i have had this phone lol almost all my internet usage goes through this device

Tags
vodafone con