Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
So... anyway to get this to be the default program yet? Somebody has got to know - and searching here isn't turning up true positives.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
So... anyway to get this to be the default program yet? Somebody has got to know - and searching here isn't turning up true positives.
No, it'll be the default mail client when it's good and ready. For now, the ties just aren't all there yet.

The Following User Says Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
ah, ok. sometimes the tablet gets confused and tries to create e-mail in the default app.

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ San Jose, CA
I there a way in modest for me to group contacts or somehow email a group of contacts without individually click each one in the compose email window?

Secondly, when i first start the program it will retrieve message and then say no messages to view but all i need to do is click a different folder and go back and it'll refresh and all my messages will be available again. This is using IMAP at aim.com. Anybody notice this?

Sai

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Espoo, Finland
Is there a way to have modest automatically check for new messages from only some/selected accounts? Now it seems to check for messages from all accounts. I'd like to haved the option of disabling checking work emails at night. Can this be done?

I noticed something in Modest that I don't know if it is a known issue or not. I added my gmail account just fine. However when I tap on the Gmail root node in the tree list (the one with the globe icon next to it) and on the right hand side it says I have 77 messages, when I have no messages at all in my inbox or any other folder under that gmail node.

For modest, imap and gmail, I seem to be getting an username and password settings wrong. The username and email address should be the same right? (username@gmail.com), the password is the gmail password and the account name you can enter whatever right?

I've been using Modest for a while and I'm quite impressed.

Currently I'm experimenting with the IMAP-IDLE feature. My mailserver supports it and it works flawlessy in Modest when its open. The noftification for new email comes instantly.

But this does not seem so work when Modest is closed and running in the background.

Can anyone confirm this behaviour?

Thanks and Regards...
softcat

Originally Posted by softcat View Post
I've been using Modest for a while and I'm quite impressed.

Currently I'm experimenting with the IMAP-IDLE feature. My mailserver supports it and it works flawlessy in Modest when its open. The noftification for new email comes instantly.

But this does not seem so work when Modest is closed and running in the background.

Can anyone confirm this behaviour?

Thanks and Regards...
softcat
I use gmail with Modest and it notifies me if I have new mail when Modest is closed.

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ San Jose, CA
hmmm there seems to be quite a few unanswered questions. Has the developer been busy w/ work or something? seems kinda quite these days. not just this thread but most threads seem quiet.

Tags
mail modest