Active Topics

Posts: 546 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Winnipeg, Canada
I've found that when using either of the Minimalistic themes when I click on the new post link (the number on the right), while the browser jumps to the top of the correct page it stays there, not positioning at the first new message, forcing me to scroll down to find it.

Micro-browser works fine using any other theme & they work fine via any desktop browser.

Anyone else experiencing the same thing? TX
N800 | 2 x 8gb OCX SD | Boxwave Anti-glare SS | PDAir book-style case
Holux M-1200 bluetooth GPS | iGo 4-row bluetooth keyboard | Linksys USB 10/100 ethernet | Plantronics Voyager 855 BT Headset

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Me too. I thought it was my device faulty. I'm using the normal theme only, for this reason

Jump to new post doesn't work for me with minimalist theme on desktop browser even

When I look at the html source, there's a bunch of tables that "close" with </table| instead of </table>, IIRC. Looked like a typo anyway.

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Originally Posted by shadowjk View Post
Jump to new post doesn't work for me with minimalist theme on desktop browser even

When I look at the html source, there's a bunch of tables that "close" with </table| instead of </table>, IIRC. Looked like a typo anyway.
I will try and fit some time in for Minimalist Theme this week if their is anyone willing to help me with it please speak up I can always use help. I don't know how much work it is worth putting into it since Meego.com doesn't seem to thing my minimalist theme is needed.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Originally Posted by andrewfblack View Post
I don't know how much work it is worth putting into it since Meego.com doesn't seem to thing my minimalist theme is needed.
IMHO, until we get official word that Meego will run on the N900 & the forums are moved over there, it's important . We appreciate your effort.
Holux M-1200 bluetooth GPS | iGo 4-row bluetooth keyboard | Linksys USB 10/100 ethernet | Plantronics Voyager 855 BT Headset

I've been hard at work on Minimalist theme again, this time I've fixed some layout issues, removed about 80k-100k of code from every page load, around 50k-80k a page now I was to get it lower and I'm working on that. I removed all tables and change entire layout to <div> returned font to old size. Add Prev and Next to dark version. Also many other changes. I'm going to spend the next week tweaking and testing I will also use this time for a last chance for you guys to put in requests to minimalist theme I really want this version to be fully fixed with no bugs. Also forgot new menu setup and Now it displays full width in Firefox Mobile.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to andrewfblack For This Useful Post:
Great news, thanks Andrew !

Just as a recap, I still believe there is a lot of vertical space to be reclaimed at the top of the "new posts" page, by tinkering with the headers (everything between the logo and "showing results").

And of course I hope minimalist dark will have the "next" link in the page list like the light one has. Also, I guess you're aware the light one also has *two* "last" links :-)

Good luck,
fp

I've been hard at work on Minimalist theme again, [...]
Good news. Don't forget about the doesn't jump to new posts bug please.

As well a request. Would it be possible to put a link to the Advanced Search somewhere? Other than the new post bug, it's the only thing I find "missing".

Thanks for your hard work.

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
I've been hard at work on Minimalist theme again, this time I've fixed some layout issues, removed about 80k-100k of code from every page load, around 50k-80k a page now I was to get it lower and I'm working on that. I removed all tables and change entire layout to <div> returned font to old size. Add Prev and Next to dark version. Also many other changes. I'm going to spend the next week tweaking and testing I will also use this time for a last chance for you guys to put in requests to minimalist theme I really want this version to be fully fixed with no bugs. Also forgot new menu setup and Now it displays full width in Firefox Mobile.
For NIT use, I think you can completely remove columns: "Event" and "Forum", then resize font to get everything left when in "full screen".

Originally Posted by Den in USA View Post
For NIT use, I think you can completely remove columns: "Event" and "Forum", then resize font to get everything left when in "full screen".
What event and Forum columns are you talking about?