Notices

zooming with volume buttons is now working

revision:
kchmviewer-maemo5-1.0.0-5

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to maxkiva For This Useful Post:
Indeed works like a charm

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Ah nuts.

Now that Kchmviewer has been ported to Fremantle, I'm thinking of getting a N900.

Why did you have to do that?

Hi all
next revision has been published - kchmviewer-maemo5 1.0.1-1

Added:
* search
* bookmarks
* recent documents list
* persistent last document directory

Removed dependency on libqt4-maemo5 ( qt 4.6 ) which is not yet officially released onto the handset to the best of my knowledge.

enjoy ;-)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to maxkiva For This Useful Post:
hi maxkiva,

thanks for the updated version.the new ui is better .

but for me,(on N900) while trying to view a chm version of harrison,it shows only the first 3 pages ,the list of content is there ,but on clicking the content do not show up ,only a page stating that the page contains large images and tables and you have to print in landscape mode.what could be the problem?file is 175.8mb .Both versions of viewer have the same issue.

The new version does not need the libraries,but i cant get the ones which came with the old version to un install.Can you tell me their file names and a way to safely remove them as they take about 20 mb of rootfs?
Thanks in advace,
bal

The Following User Says Thank You to bal For This Useful Post:
Thank you,

just a few comments.
- previous version allowed for scrolling the index by character. e.g. clicking 'H' on the keyboard resulted in fast scrolling to the first item in the index starting with H, clicking several times and the index scolled to the next item with the same character. Please reinstate that function.
- searching takes quite a long time, even through small documents. I have to cancel the search, and reclick the search button to display the results.
- Could you implement some smarter way of scrolling with the keyboard. Something like 'spacebar' = screen/page down.
Left is page up
right is page down.
- the latest used documents list is nice. Perhaps defining a favourites folder would also be great.

Regards and thanx for the great work!

The Following User Says Thank You to mtjioe For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bal View Post
hi maxkiva,

thanks for the updated version.the new ui is better .

but for me,(on N900) while trying to view a chm version of harrison,it shows only the first 3 pages ,the list of content is there ,but on clicking the content do not show up ,only a page stating that the page contains large images and tables and you have to print in landscape mode.what could be the problem?file is 175.8mb .Both versions of viewer have the same issue.

The new version does not need the libraries,but i cant get the ones which came with the old version to un install.Can you tell me their file names and a way to safely remove them as they take about 20 mb of rootfs?
Thanks in advace,
bal
@bal
Thanks for your comments,
Could you give me exact name of the document, I'll try to find it and have a look.

to remove libraries :
open terminal on the handset or through ssh
run 'sudo gainroot' to get root shell

run 'dpkg --list | grep libqt4-maemo5'
this will give you the list of packages to remove

The Following User Says Thank You to maxkiva For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the information i will try that..Harrison's Principles of Internal medicine 17th edition.(file size 166.8mb)

bal

Originally Posted by mtjioe View Post
Thank you,

just a few comments.
- previous version allowed for scrolling the index by character. e.g. clicking 'H' on the keyboard resulted in fast scrolling to the first item in the index starting with H, clicking several times and the index scolled to the next item with the same character. Please reinstate that function.
- searching takes quite a long time, even through small documents. I have to cancel the search, and reclick the search button to display the results.
- Could you implement some smarter way of scrolling with the keyboard. Something like 'spacebar' = screen/page down.
Left is page up
right is page down.
- the latest used documents list is nice. Perhaps defining a favourites folder would also be great.

Regards and thanx for the great work!
Hi,
thanks for the comments

I'll try to improve search , but there might be a limit on what is possible given hardware capabilities.

Scrolling contents using initial character should now be possible - see revision 4

Scrolling the document with the keyboard is working as follows:
spacebar - page down
shift spacebar - page up

One unfortunate regression - lack of finger scrolling. This is because of revertion to qt 4.5. PR 1.2 Will fix that , whenever that comes. However finger scrolling with scrollbars is quite workable.

And Favorites - yes on the list of things to do.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maxkiva For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Heya max!

Any chance of back porting your updated changes for Diablo as well or is that too much trouble for you?

Cheers.

Tags
chm kchmviewer qt