Active Topics

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 101 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ New Delhi, India
Not sure if this will be answered amidst all the WP bashing, but can any1 tell me if the 800 supports wifi tethering??

Posts: 134 | Thanked: 247 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Spain, EU
Originally Posted by 48GX View Post
Just FYI,

Lumia in Spanish means...*****

regards
Actually, I think people are making too big a fuss about this. While it is true that lumia stands for whore in Spanish, it is far from a commonly used word. I have been asking around and nobody knew what lumia meant.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kevloral For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by rohit.hellboy View Post
Not sure if this will be answered amidst all the WP bashing, but can any1 tell me if the 800 supports wifi tethering??
Last I checked, pretty sure it's a default feature of mango now.
800 is a 1st gen Mango device, so it will support it.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
^Thnks.

And whats up with not being able to use any song from my collection as a ringtone. And also not being able to export contacts from the phone to the sim.

With no N9 release in my country, I was planning on mayb buying the 800, but this simply sucks. I know its an OS issue, but still

The Following User Says Thank You to rohit.hellboy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 249 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ International
You need to get onto the wpcentral.com forums to learn how to manage your ringtone collection and sim/phone contacts.

I know that i can download my sim contacts to my HTC HD7.
My Favourite posts!
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=539
http://forums.precentral.net/2674180-post149.html
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=500
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=63720

Originally Posted by gryedouge View Post
You need to get onto the wpcentral.com forums to learn how to manage your ringtone collection and sim/phone contacts.

I know that i can download my sim contacts to my HTC HD7.
Not what i meant.

I CAN use any song as a ringtone, but for that it needs to be cropped to <40 seconds and <1 mb in size and its genre needs to be specified as ringtone. Its not the same as using any song on my phone as a ringtone. something that a lot of us do or would like to do.

And, I CAN download my sim contacts to the phone, but the reverse of it is not possible, even in Mango.

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
I am curious when lumina 800 will become available in the USA

Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
I am curious when lumina 800 will become available in the USA
Most probably never, but USA will get it's own high end phone early next year. 710 will find it's way to USA.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Ayle View Post
How are you liking your N9?
Liking it a lot. Some minor issues - Drive will not work for me - but otherwise, so far so good. Browser is good as well...

Gave a quick review here...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 381 | Thanked: 847 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
The Lumia 800 is decidedly first generation WP7 hardware when I halfway expected them to go with the STE U8500 hardware instead. That would have given Nokia an edge of sticking out, instead what they've done is wrap the external distinguishing part of the Nokia N9 and put commonplace Qualcomm hardware that has been in use in other phones for the last year.
I've understood hardware support in WP7 is very limited, so Nokia might not have had much choice here. This isn't like Linux where you can just hire a few kernel hackers to do your own hardware adaptation...