Notices

Version 2.9.9 for N900 is now available in here. Debian package creation won't work in my Qt Creator anymore so there's no .deb file but only binary.

Installation instructions:
1. Extract "Mapsi" from rar package to e.g. /home/user (not in MyDocs or its subfolders) (If you have older Mapsi version installed I think you can also overwrite Mapsi file in /opt/usr/bin/)
2. Make it executable with "chmod +x Mapsi" (you'll need to be root so run "sudo gainroot" first)
3. Copy wms_settings.ini to /home/user/MyDocs/.mapsi (see this post for wms_settings.ini file)
4. Run with "./Mapsi"

Changes from the last version are mostly bug fixes (e.g. landmark naming should work now) and performance improvements.

Edit: Dependencies are qtquickcompat, libqtm-11-location, libqtm-11-systeminfo, libqt4-declarative, libqt4-script, libqt4-svg, libqt4-sql, libqt4-xmlpatterns, libqt4-opengl, libqt4-gui, libqt4-network, libqt4-dbus, libqt4-xml, libqt4-core and libc6. You'll need to install those to get Mapsi working (if you have older version of Mapsi installed you should already have those).

Last edited by orava; 2011-10-03 at 14:14.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to orava For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by petkele View Post
Could it be possible to have feature that zooms to selected landmark? e.g. I'm in Oulu and I want to check map from Helsinki. It is a bit annoying to zoom out a lot and scroll through Finland every time.
I think this can be added to the next version.

The Following User Says Thank You to orava For This Useful Post:
Posts: 26 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by orava View Post
... GPS is now also supported in Windows version but it needs to be configured manually. When you connect bluetooth GPS receiver to Windows it'll make two serial ports for it (or if it won't then you can't use that GPS receiver with Mapsi). Find out what COM-port is used for outgoing traffic(Lähtevän liikenteen COM-portti), and if it's for example COM11 add following line to settings.ini
gpsComPort=COM11
What kind of GPS device should I use? Will it work with N900 or other Nokia mobile phone with gps? Or should I use gps dongle??

Originally Posted by fin2cv View Post
What kind of GPS device should I use? Will it work with N900 or other Nokia mobile phone with gps? Or should I use gps dongle??
You'll need GPS device that creates serial port and streams GPS data in NMEA format into that port. I think that most of the bluetooth GPS devices are like that and also with this you can make your N900 to work as a bluetooth GPS device that should work.

Latest version(3.4.9) for N9/N950 can be found from here.

V3.1.0 for N9/N950 can now be downloaded from here.

1. Install debian package (dpkg -i mapsi_3.1.0_armel.deb)
2. Copy wms_settings.ini to /home/user/MyDocs/.mapsi/ (remove .txt extension)

Updated wms_settings.ini file that has Paikkatietoikkuna's background map layer (taustakartta) is attached to this post.

Update: wms_settings.ini removed

Last edited by orava; 2011-12-11 at 18:29.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to orava For This Useful Post:
V3.1.0 for N9/N950 can now be downloaded from here.

1. Install debian package (dpkg -i mapsi_3.1.0_armel.deb)

Updated wms_settings.ini file that has Paikkatietoikkuna's background map layer (taustakartta) is attached to this post.
Asennus epäonnistui

Asennuspaketin riippuvuussuhteiden määritys ei onnistunut

Karttaohjelma suomalaisille, voisko tätä käydä suomeksi

Originally Posted by hamalla View Post
Asennus epäonnistui

Asennuspaketin riippuvuussuhteiden määritys ei onnistunut

Karttaohjelma suomalaisille, voisko tätä käydä suomeksi
Oliko siinä jotain tarkempaa tietoa tosta virheestä? Voit koittaa "dpkg --force-depends -i mapsi_3.1.0_armel.deb", jolla pitäisi asentua, mutta jos ne riippuvuudet ei ole oikeesti kunnossa niin ohjelma ei varmaan käynnisty.

Oliko siinä jotain tarkempaa tietoa tosta virheestä? Voit koittaa "dpkg --force-depends -i mapsi_3.1.0_armel.deb", jolla pitäisi asentua, mutta jos ne riippuvuudet ei ole oikeesti kunnossa niin ohjelma ei varmaan käynnisty.
Komppaan hiukan edellistä ja lisään omia asioitani (Sry)

2.8.5. versio mapsista asentuu Nokia N9 moitteetta ja toimii hienosti - Kiitos siitä.

2.9.9 ja 3.1.0 versio asentuu kyllä mutta kun ohjelman käynnistää herja : wms settings file not found ja ohjelma ei käynnisty.

Olen vihreä näiden laitteiden suhteen (mikä muuten on wms?) Lähinnä oma kiinnostus merinavigoinnin toimivuus N9 laitteella.No joo sienimettälläkin jo testattu 2.8.5. versiota ja hienosti toimii

M-el

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by mika1el View Post
Komppaan hiukan edellistä ja lisään omia asioitani (Sry)

2.8.5. versio mapsista asentuu Nokia N9 moitteetta ja toimii hienosti - Kiitos siitä.

2.9.9 ja 3.1.0 versio asentuu kyllä mutta kun ohjelman käynnistää herja : wms settings file not found ja ohjelma ei käynnisty.

Olen vihreä näiden laitteiden suhteen (mikä muuten on wms?) Lähinnä oma kiinnostus merinavigoinnin toimivuus N9 laitteella.No joo sienimettälläkin jo testattu 2.8.5. versiota ja hienosti toimii

M-el

teitkö varmasti tämän:

?
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

The Following User Says Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
teitkö varmasti tämän:

?
Ainakin kovasti yritin X)

En ole varma teinkö juuri oikein , mutta ohjeistuksen mukaan yritetty. Voisiko joku vielä vaikka vääntää rautalangasta osaamattomalle?

Eli minä tein näin - kopioin wms_settings.ini ladatun teksti tiedoston sinne .mapsi kansioon (jotain tein väärin ?)

M-el